Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-16-2009, 12:19 PM   #1
robfb
robfb began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Calibre on Mac can't import eBooks

Hi everyone,

I downloaded Calibre about two months ago, but never got it to work on my Mac. The program starts up fine, but as soon as I try to import an ebook (ePub or pdf) I get the spinning ball. Restarting Calibre doen't help as it shows the spinning ball immediately. Only solution to this is deleting the Calibre Library in my home folder. But the importing problem still remains afterwards. None of the new versions solved the problem.

Anyone can help?

Thanks in advanced
robfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:22 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
post the debug output you find in Console.app when running calibre and importing
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2009, 12:38 PM   #3
robfb

I get the following from console:

16.12.09 18:31:45 [0x0-0x38038].net.kovidgoyal.calibre[886] Qt: internal: -108: Error ATSUMeasureTextImage text/qfontengine_mac.mm: 1097

Both on pdf or ePub import.

Does this help?
Old 12-16-2009, 12:49 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...arting-on-os-x
Old 12-16-2009, 01:14 PM   #5
robfb

Bummer, didn't help. I used the Terminal and afterwards even the program Font Finagler. In your FAQs it says to look otherwise for a corrupted font file on my system, but how does a corrupted font file looks like? They all seem fine to me.

Last edited by robfb; 12-16-2009 at 01:25 PM.
Advert
Old 12-16-2009, 03:09 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

typically, lookfor all files ending in ttf, dfon and otf on your system and try poening themin some font viewer program. Look first at font files in your user accoutn rather than system files.