Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-17-2009, 09:09 AM   #1
Luigino
Groupie
Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nothing
Kindle in Europe

Hello everyone!!

Anyone knows if maybe those Kindle 2 or DX would arrive in Europe through Amazon.de or Amazon.co.uk? So at least it would cut a bit down the douane duties to Europe countries I think....
I'm from Italy and I'm a bit interested to Kindle DX... that's why I'm asking... :-)

Ciao,
Luigi
Luigino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
yingwu
Addict
yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: 1000s
Not directly. rfog has tried this and provided detail information here.
yingwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2009, 12:57 PM   #3
olis
Zealot
olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: prs-500, Nokia N810, Irex dr1000s, Kindle3
Hi Luigino, you can buy the kindle exclusively from amazon.com (the USA store). I live in Italy too, and I bought a kindle 1 from the States a year ago.
You'll have to add about 25-30% to the final price to account for VAT, import duties, etc. So I don't know how much it is convenient to do that.
olis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:09 PM   #4
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
They probably have to get an equivalent of Whispernet in Europe first, before Kindle could catch on.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:44 PM   #5
yingwu
Addict
yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: 1000s
Quote:
Originally Posted by olis View Post
Hi Luigino, you can buy the kindle exclusively from amazon.com (the USA store). I live in Italy too, and I bought a kindle 1 from the States a year ago.
You'll have to add about 25-30% to the final price to account for VAT, import duties, etc. So I don't know how much it is convenient to do that.
olis, sorry, I don't think so if you mean to buy the DX from Amazon.com directly, because I have confirmed this from Amazon and get feedback clearly that we can not do this outside of US at the current stage.
yingwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2009, 03:53 PM   #6
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindorsey View Post
They probably have to get an equivalent of Whispernet in Europe first, before Kindle could catch on.
They would also have to have a large enough catalog of books to sell. Electronic distribution rights aren't always global. Amazon isn't legally allowed to sell all it's ebooks outside the US.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:09 PM   #7
olis
Zealot
olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: prs-500, Nokia N810, Irex dr1000s, Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yingwu View Post
olis, sorry, I don't think so if you mean to buy the DX from Amazon.com directly, because I have confirmed this from Amazon and get feedback clearly that we can not do this outside of US at the current stage.
Yes you can, but you'll have to use the gift certificate workaround and a service like myus.com.
olis is offline   Reply With Quote