Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-01-2008, 05:10 PM   #1
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Why I really LOVE Whispernet

When you need it ... it's there.

I've been reading the Terry Pratchett books (Discworld) in publication order. I was having lunch today when I realized that I had not purchased "Mort" ... I thought I had bought all of the titles, but I guess not.

So, it took me all of two minutes to pop into the Kindle store and download the book to my Kindle. And, I was able to read the book I wanted to read at lunch ... just as I intended.

I may not use Whispernet very often, but man is it a godsend sometimes!
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:24 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
When you need it ... it's there.

I've been reading the Terry Pratchett books (Discworld) in publication order. I was having lunch today when I realized that I had not purchased "Mort" ... I thought I had bought all of the titles, but I guess not.

So, it took me all of two minutes to pop into the Kindle store and download the book to my Kindle. And, I was able to read the book I wanted to read at lunch ... just as I intended.

I may not use Whispernet very often, but man is it a godsend sometimes!
so that's how your neighbours eavesdrop...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2008, 11:29 AM   #3
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
so that's how your neighbours eavesdrop...
Yup ... must be how it's done.

Geoff, I gotta tell you .... I had an awful night last night. Night before last a spider bit me while I was sleeping ... I doubt it was a brown recluse because the bite is not necrotic enough ... but the itching drove me nuts all night.

Then, about 2 am .... I felt something or somethings, rather, walking on me. Little tickly walking. Turned on the light ... three scorpions doing the fandango on me.

Really hard to go to sleep after that. So, I'm pooped today.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:35 AM   #4
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Geoff, I gotta tell you .... I had an awful night last night. Night before last a spider bit me while I was sleeping ... I doubt it was a brown recluse because the bite is not necrotic enough ... but the itching drove me nuts all night.

Then, about 2 am .... I felt something or somethings, rather, walking on me. Little tickly walking. Turned on the light ... three scorpions doing the fandango on me.

by eck - and i thought we had problems with all the cats on the bed...

where were your menagerie, hiding under the bed...
Old 08-03-2008, 11:38 AM   #5
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Quote:

For sure I'd think about someplace other than Texas! How about some rain instead?
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2008, 11:40 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
For sure I'd think about someplace other than Texas! How about some rain instead?
god yes.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 01:06 PM   #7
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
by eck - and i thought we had problems with all the cats on the bed...

where were your menagerie, hiding under the bed...
No .... as I recall they were (once again) lined up an sniggering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
Oh please .... send us some rain!! Sadly ... I really am trapped here for the time being. Erg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
god yes.
Ah, but Buddhist Kitteh does not believe in Ceiling Cat.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:08 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Ah, but Buddhist Kitteh does not believe in Ceiling Cat.
oh noes !! Ceiling Cat send Basement Cat to deal with teh heathen unbelievers !!!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 06:16 PM   #9
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
oh noes !! Ceiling Cat send Basement Cat to deal with teh heathen unbelievers !!!!
Buddhist kitteh not believe in Basement Cat either.

(Nyah, nyah, NYAH!! )

Man, I love how adult and sophisticated the general tone is around the lounge.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:58 AM   #10
GeoffC

Moderators...Oi, anyone there....??

Can we please add an extension to the Lounge for the Kiddies to play in when the adults are getting silly....please...please....

Geoff
(in deperate need of an urgent brain re-wiring, or at least a re-format)
Old 08-04-2008, 10:59 AM   #11
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Moderators...Oi, anyone there....??

Can we please add an extension to the Lounge for the Kiddies to play in when the adults are getting silly....please...please....

Geoff
(in deperate need of an urgent brain re-wiring, or at least a re-format)