Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-10-2011, 11:38 PM   #1
Jach234
Jach234 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Help with a scanned pdf file

Hi everyone
This is my first post so please bear with me. I have tried to send a scanned pdf file to my kindle so it will read to me , I have done this both by wifi and usb cable, I have annoyed my IT department at work and they just look at me blankly. I have downloaded heaps of programs from the net and still no luck can any one help with this I have attached to pdf file, this is how my trainer has sent my course documents, but as you can see it is a scanned file so not so good to start with,
Thanks Jach
BSBCUS501A Manage quality customer service.pdf
Jach234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:34 AM   #2
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
It's scanned at 200dpi, and not OCR'd, so there's nothing to read aloud--this is a collection of images.

I could do a quick OCR without detailed format & typo checking; it won't be perfect but it'll be readable. Could put it in PDF and Word; not sure I can get it to mobi/prc for the Kindle, but the Kindle program will do that.

DONE: very basic mostly auto-OCR'd PDF, similar Word doc.

There's lots of typos (OCRos?) in here because the original quality's not good, but I tried to keep the formatting correct--made sure the tables & lists were correctly together & lines were broken in the right spots.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BSBCUS501-converted.zip (2.98 MB, 182 views)

Last edited by Elfwreck; 04-11-2011 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Add attachment
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2011, 03:21 AM   #3
Jach234
Jach234 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
thank you very much
Jach234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:48 AM   #4
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
I like that you were so generous with your help, Elfwreck. Karma for you for your kindness!
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:02 AM   #5
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
I find this lack of respect for the copyright of Smallprint Australia Pty Ltd ... interesting.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2011, 02:17 AM   #6
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
I find this lack of respect for the copyright of Smallprint Australia Pty Ltd ... interesting.
I decided I'd take the risk that Smallpoint would attempt to extradite me for noncommercial copyright infringement.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote