Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-19-2010, 01:57 PM   #1
plaid
Connoisseur
plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo eReader
157 books in Im Reading

Usually after a sync of books they will show up in the I'm Reading as NEW, then they will disappear after the next time connecting the Kobo up via usb. With the new O-K update, Factory reset, and then replacing my database with the files from this forum everything is working great except for this issue: I can't seem to get rid of everything showing in the I'm Reading screen. I've tried re-syncing with Kobo desktop, adding or removing something with Calibre 07.34, just plugging in and disconnecting - all 157 books remain. Any ideas?
plaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
plaid
Connoisseur
plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I forgot to mention, a lot of these books are sideloaded through Calibre so using the desktop to page through to the end is not an option. I'm wondering if I need to do another Factory reset after copying the database files?
Advert
Old 12-19-2010, 02:22 PM   #3
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
have you just tried turning off the kobo? that usually does it for me. Any books listed as new will show up when added, I'll turn the kobo off, and then they disapear when I next turn on the device. Any books that have been read or opened, will remain there until I manually remove them by going to the end of the book and forcing a finished reading.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
When you replaced the database, did you also replace the kepub and image files/folders? A factory reset should do the trick after all three folders/directories/files have been replaced. Calibre sideloaded files remain after a factory reset, I believe, but they are no longer hooked into the Db on your reader. You can always delete your sideloaded books through Calibre or do it manually when your reader is on "manage".
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:26 PM   #5
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaid View Post
I forgot to mention, a lot of these books are sideloaded through Calibre so using the desktop to page through to the end is not an option. I'm wondering if I need to do another Factory reset after copying the database files?
If your side loading them, and turning off the device doesn't fix the issue, then in the caliber app, with the kobo plugged in and detected, go into "show books in main memory of the device" or "show books in storage slot a", depending on where the books are, and set the flag for "collections" to blank if they are showing up as "Im_reading". Setting the status as "Read" also works.
Advert
Old 12-19-2010, 04:23 PM   #6
plaid
Connoisseur

Seems to be working now. I did another factory reset and sync'd with Kobo desktop. After it updated new content, showed everything in I'm Reading, I plugged it in again, synced again and unplugged, then it showed only the proper books. I uploaded about 15 books through Calibre, and after it processed those I plugged it in again, then unplugged and all is good so far. Thanks!
Old 12-19-2010, 08:35 PM   #7
masona8
Enthusiast
masona8 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo, Kindle DX graphite, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyke View Post
If your side loading them, and turning off the device doesn't fix the issue, then in the caliber app, with the kobo plugged in and detected, go into "show books in main memory of the device" or "show books in storage slot a", depending on where the books are, and set the flag for "collections" to blank if they are showing up as "Im_reading". Setting the status as "Read" also works.
But where in Calibre do you actually do it??
masona8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:46 PM   #8
Psyke
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by masona8 View Post
But where in Calibre do you actually do it??
in calibre, if you have your device connected, you will have an additional button called "show books in main memory of device" and if you have an sd card in the kobo, you'll also have "show books in storage slot a".

if you can't tell which buttons are which, go into calibre's preferences and under look and feel, and under the toolbar heading and show text under icons, select always and go look at the toolbar again.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:59 PM   #9
sunami88
Enthusiast
sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyke View Post
in calibre, if you have your device connected, you will have an additional button called "show books in main memory of device" and if you have an sd card in the kobo, you'll also have "show books in storage slot a".

if you can't tell which buttons are which, go into calibre's preferences and under look and feel, and under the toolbar heading and show text under icons, select always and go look at the toolbar again.
I tried to do this recently, but it seems that while Calibre will display what items are on the I'm Reading list, it won't actually allow you to manage which books are and aren't. Maybe it worked in a previous version, but with KO 1.8.1 and Calibre 0.7.34 it doesn't.

What I ended up doing was a factory reset (AFTER A FULL BACKUP) and then replacing the DB. It's a weird and mostly unintuitive process, but it seemingly worked for me. I still had one purchased book stuck on the list, but I think it's a larger, finnicky technical issue that's causing that (could be wrong/not an expert/YMMV/etc...).

Last edited by sunami88; 12-19-2010 at 09:09 PM.
sunami88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:59 AM   #10
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Known issue, from the very start. The solution for me was to recharge
using wall charger. All books vanished from "I'm reading". Bug, feature,
whatever, makes people quite nervous.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote