Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-27-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
jakewoodblues
jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Unhappy any format to mobi (both) won't sync

Hi --

I have a Kindle Paperwhite and also use the Kindle app on my Android phone.
Recently, I've notice that when I convert an existing ebook to mobi (showing both for output), I keep getting a notification popping up in my Kindle saying that I can't sync to farthest page read and that I should close the book or put the Kindle to sleep before I can do this. I follow the instructions, but when I open the book again, it still won't sync.

On the Kindle app, it just says synced to furthest page, but it won't sync with
my Kindle. I have to set it to "old" on the output page for the sync to work properly.

Also, I've tried the conversion to awz3 & the same thing happens.

Thanks
jakewoodblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:22 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you want cross device syncing to work reliably you have to send the book through amazons servers, which means sending it by email from calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:34 PM   #3
jakewoodblues
jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Thanks

Thanks for the response.
It's working fine with your suggestion.
jakewoodblues is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion problem, sync "furthest page read"