Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-29-2011, 02:00 AM   #1
Franky
Nameless Being

NEWS flash

I was a bit reading on internet and came across an interesting article.

headline: is Samsung bring a copy of the Entourage Pocket eDGe?

yup, interesting headline. it seems that they are indeed working on a new tablet/ereader. There are no more details know and no picture. Article was written recently and to look at http://www.ereaderclub.nl/nieuws/kom...e-pocket-edge/

it's Dutch, however.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:33 AM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
My ancestors were Dutch, but I can't read that!

It would be great, I mean terrific, if Samsung came out with something similar to the eDGe!! And if Samsung swallows HP's computer business they would have the resources to market a dualbook and to keep it supported (not that they don't already have the resources, but they could afford to have a 'niche' device).

I had my Pocket eDGe with me -- as usual -- when I went to see the eye doctor Thursday, and two people became really interested in it. I hated to have to tell them it was no longer being made.

Thanks for the news, Franky!

Last edited by Filark; 08-29-2011 at 02:39 AM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:43 AM   #3
Synergi
Addict
Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, iPadPro, Galaxy Note 5, 8 (tab) & Galaxy Tab S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky View Post
I was a bit reading on internet and came across an interesting article.

headline: is Samsung bring a copy of the Entourage Pocket eDGe?

yup, interesting headline. it seems that they are indeed working on a new tablet/ereader. There are no more details know and no picture. Article was written recently and to look at http://www.ereaderclub.nl/nieuws/kom...e-pocket-edge/

it's Dutch, however.
Samsung is the king of copy..
Synergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:02 AM   #4
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergi View Post
Samsung is the king of copy..

I did a Google translation. It is pretty rough, but here it is: http://translate.google.com/translat...pocket-edge%2F

Can't wait to see if anything comes of this!

Last edited by Filark; 08-29-2011 at 03:33 AM.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:03 PM   #5
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
Very interesting indeed. Suggestions of a physical keyboard, too.

If you see further news, Franky, please post!
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:22 PM   #6
CheyenneDonna
Connoisseur
CheyenneDonna has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Entourage Edge
I wonder if that is the mysterious Samsung Note
CheyenneDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:21 AM   #7
johnseeking
keeper of the cheese
johnseeking began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet (mine), 2nd Gen Kindle 3G (wife's), Literati (kids')
Not the Note, C.D.
johnseeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:12 PM   #8
Filark

It may not be like the eDGe, but I would love to have a Note as my next phone!

I'm also liking the Sony T1 Reader and the Lenovo Thinkpad tablet. For a while there I was thinking I would never be drawn to any new electronics that were not like the eDGe!

I still think we have the best deal going, but other gizmos are catching up.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:00 AM   #9
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Yup, I'm seriously thinking the Note might be my next phone.
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote