Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 04-14-2009, 10:58 PM   #16
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dconabree View Post
I should add that I contacted Overdrive, who supply the ADE books to the library and was advised that I could not read ADE books on the PRS-505.
That's a bit sad that they think that. Apparently they are not training their support people very well. Then again, over drive makes money when you check out the book from the library... not when you read it.

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 04-15-2009 at 12:01 PM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:54 AM   #17
BinaryTB
Connoisseur
BinaryTB is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3
Does Overdrive make money during checkout or when the library purchases the ebook? If the latter, then I'd think that every Overdrive library would have a lot more books available for checkout, or at least in more formats.
BinaryTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2009, 12:05 PM   #18
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooon69 View Post
Does Overdrive make money during checkout or when the library purchases the ebook? If the latter, then I'd think that every Overdrive library would have a lot more books available for checkout, or at least in more formats.
I don't "know" what it is, but I expect a combination of both. Overdrive sells the library the book and also charges for DRM services need when books are checked out. If could be a per-month fee or per hit fee. Someone that actually is involved with OD as a library would have to give us the scoop.

BOb
Old 04-15-2009, 01:08 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dconabree View Post
10-4...the dates on the desktop and the PRS-505 match. Just tried again with a different book...same effect...A-ok on the computer but "protected page" when the PDF is dragged to the reader digital editions folder and viewed there.
have you authorized your 505 with ADE? I don't think you can do it on a MAC. You'd need to do it on a Windows system and then I think you might be able to use your 505 with ADE for the MAC.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:22 PM   #20
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
have you authorized your 505 with ADE? I don't think you can do it on a MAC. You'd need to do it on a Windows system and then I think you might be able to use your 505 with ADE for the MAC.
If you re-read his posts he states:

"I have no difficulty reading other ADE books that I bought from Diesel books."

So those wouldn't work if the reader wasn't authorized. Unless they are not DRMed, which I doubt.

BOb
Advert