Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-13-2014, 04:58 PM   #1336
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@dfect: You missed reading the Known Issues in the first post .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:16 PM   #1337
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfect View Post

JB should be working fine because screen saver hack is working.
Wrong, has nothing to do with running applications, only with installing them from our signed packages.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2014, 05:01 PM   #1338
pistazio
pistazio began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Hey guys first off thanks for the amazing work and effort!
I managed to jailbreak my kindle 4 installed MMK ( is there any hint it's working ?)
and at last kuala which appears in my list but i can't open it "not certified from the developer" can anyone help me out : )?

Cheers

Last edited by pistazio; 08-15-2014 at 04:52 AM.
pistazio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 05:23 PM   #1339
PieMan597
Still a pie
PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, OnePlus 7 Pro
Did you install the MMK?
PieMan597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:15 AM   #1340
pistazio
pistazio began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieMan597 View Post
Did you install the MMK?
Apparently i thought i did but it reseted to "normal mode" after every install of the MKK the culprit here being the internet connection which probably detected im not a developeraccount and then it reset the kindle to "normal mode"

Solution :
Go to options and then go into flightmode and after that install MKK

it's working fine now thanks again guys

Last edited by pistazio; 08-15-2014 at 09:18 AM.
pistazio is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2014, 03:20 PM   #1341
dfect
dfect began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieMan597 View Post
Did you install the MMK?
Yes

--

Sorry, noticed now you replied to another post.

/ dfect

Last edited by dfect; 08-15-2014 at 03:23 PM.
dfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:26 PM   #1342
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfect View Post
Yes

/ dfect
That was an answer to someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@dfect: You missed reading the Known Issues in the first post .
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post

Known issues:
Spoiler:
ERROR "This device is not authorized as a test Kindle by the developer of this item"
SOLUTION Re/Install the MKK bundle.

ERROR "Mobileread Kindlet Kit is not installed"
SOLUTION Install the MKK bundle.

ERROR "The selected application cannot be started. Please try again later" on non-Japanese 4GB PW2 models.
SOLUTION Update to FW >= 5.4.5 (after JailBreaking your device).

ERROR Flashed 3.2.1 Dx's may not show up any kindlets...
SOLUTION There is a workaround by TJW <-- tested by wakawakawaka

ERROR Kindlet did not shut down properly: Occasionally a seemingly spurious fail message is shown: "Kindlet did not shut down properly... blah.. blah.."

SOLUTION
Spoiler:
This happens generally after:
  • A change in the install of MKK. (following a failed previous "open" attempt)
  • A newly installed application ends with a bang.
  • You restart your kindle while the app is running somehow (ssh, rebootApp, etc)
Just press on "OK" then "Home" IN TIME, or suffer the reboot

Simply opening KUAL again (after you dismissed the message) will work just fine. Very rare. Benign. This is actually the Amazon framework doing it's job correctly and alerting us we had an issue. IIRC there is some way of auto-clearing the notification but this seems contrary. Therefore "Won't fix".
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:57 PM   #1343
tees42
tees42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I have a problem with cool reader 3 on a Kindle 3. Quite probably, the answer lies somewhere in these 90 pages but, to be honest, I don't fancy reading them all given that as I pass from page to page I get tired and will probably miss what I am looking for. I will understand if the only reply I get "encourages" me to read everything but here goes.

I have installed Cool Reader 3 on my Kindle 3 following the instructions at
https://github.com/CrazyCoder/coolreader-kindle-qt where the relevant ones are

Quick Installation Guide for K3/K4NT

1 Jailbreak your Kindle
2 Copy update_cr3runner_n.n_install-k4.bin from cr3runner.zip to Kindle flash root
3 Copy all directories from cr3-kindle-nnnn-nn-nn.zip available in Downloads to Kindle flash root
(optional, but recommended) Download the latest test version as the repository snapshot zip and copy all the files from the dist folder replacing all existing files on the connected Kindle (this way you update to the most recent version with all the latest changes)
4 From the Kindle Settings dialog open menu, run Update Your Kindle
5 After reboot you should have Cool Reader in the documents list, open it.

I actually copied in step 2 the update for Kindle 3

update_cr3runner_2.7_k3gb_install.bin

and everything went perfectly until step 5 when I opened Cool Reader and got a blank screen. This has happened several times and I have not yet managed to get the program to work.

I downloaded the extension for KUAL but that just threw me back to the document list (I mean that I have KUAL and Cool Reader in a collection called Kindle Hacks and this is where the selection of Cool Reader from the KUAL menu sent me).

Does anyone have any advice or help to offer, please.
tees42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:05 PM   #1344
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
When you say: "In a collection ..."

Do you mean you have a sub-directory of /documents by the name of the collection?

Maybe an easier way to ask the same question -
Please post the entire pathname and filename in USB storage of both the KUAL and the reader installed files.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:17 AM   #1345
Zombater
Enthusiast
Zombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
How do I install chess on my PW2?
Zombater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 04:49 AM   #1346
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2
I installed this on a new PW2 running 5.4.3.2. Managed to jailbreak the device and add KUAL and Collections Manager, but neither will open. I tried adding MKK again, but still no change. I get an error that says "This application could not be started. Please try again."
anesthezea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:04 AM   #1347
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@anesthezea: cf. known issues & notes in the first post. You'll need to upgrade to >= 5.4.5
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 12:20 PM   #1348
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@anesthezea: cf. known issues & notes in the first post. You'll need to upgrade to >= 5.4.5
I feel stupid now. I was so tired when I was fiddling with this last night, I knew I must have missed something. lol Thank you!
anesthezea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 06:51 PM   #1349
mpatton
mpatton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2 (sn 9017)
KUAL issues with new PW2

I have a PW2 (sn 9017 ...) from Best Buy USA. Only 3 months old. When I click on KUAL it pops up window saying "Application error".

Here is what I did:

1. downgraded the Kindle OS from 5.4.5.1 to 5.4.3.2.
[confirmed by checking "Device Info"]
2. installed the combined Jailbreak and MKK package
[kindle-jailbreak-1.11.N-r10947.tar.gz]
3. the "*** JAILBREAK ***" message appeared
4. rebooted two or three times (no further messages)
5. copied KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 from KUAL-2.4.zip to the documents folder
6. rebooted a couple times more
7. clicked on the KUAL icon, and a window titled "Application error" popped up.

Any idea on how to resolve the problem? Any way to tell if MKK was installed properly?

I know that the KUAL stuff was processed at least partially, since in the root directory of the Kindle a "developer" directory was created with a "KUAL" subdirectory and "metadata", "work" and "temp" sub-subdirectories. But all there is is a KUAL JPEG in the "metadata" directory.

Any help would be appreciated.
mpatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:03 PM   #1350
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
@mpatton-
Not sure that it matters but did you use the Kual download from NiLuJe's snapshots?. If not, you might try that one.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified