Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-22-2014, 12:49 PM   #1
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3 T2 350 300, Kobo AuraHD Mini, Axim X50v
Calibre help with templates - Series/Title display

I just don't seem to be catching on to understanding the basics of customizing Calibre - I've gone over the tutorials and the forum here, and they seem to assume a basic understanding of the functions and syntax I can't seem to grasp.

I thought I'd try a walk-thru to see if it helped, and somewhere I missed something. I've followed this tutorial and it has had no effect on my T2, with the exception of reversing Author First Last to Last, First which I did NOT want to happen.

In the Calibre Sony_sort column, I get -
Pratchett, Terry - Discworld 01 - The Color of Magic < This is how I want the T2 to display the titles

T2 the title displays as -
Pratchett, Terry - The Color of Magic
and in the filepath on the device is -
Pratchett, Terry > Color of Magic, The - Terry Pratchett

My series each have their own tag ( Series / * ) so they are grouped together in the Collections list - I prefer not to have random collections mixed in with the genre-named collections. I'm looking to have the Series name/number displayed like it is at the end of the tutorial, with the exception of Author Firstname Lastname

My 'Save Template' under the PRS-T1 plugin configuration is {author_sort}/{title} - {authors}

Is that what I need to change? If so, how do I correctly state it? And is 'Configure Device' the place to do it?
{author_sort}/{title} - {series index} - {authors}

sharphamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:19 PM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350: 3 Silver, 2 Blue!; Kobo Glo
I think you need to set up a plugboard for what you want, like I did.

In Calibre, I've set up the Metadata Plugboards in Preferences (under Import/Export section) so the books are named Title [#] Series. They also appear within the Collections lists in correct numerical order on the 350 as well, not sure if the T1 will also do that but I think it should work the same.

For the 350 reader, under Add new plugboard, select "device_db" and "PRS-505" (those 2 might be different for your reader). My source template is the following, destination field "Title":
{title} {series_index:|[|]} {series}

You can of course change the sequence around to whatever you want between the title, series title and number within the series.

This works for my 350s as well as for my Kobo Glo (set up a different plugboard for the Glo with same info for the Title field). So a book title will be displayed on my readers like so as an example:

The Alehouse Murders [1] A Templar Knight Mystery
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:25 PM   #3
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you Ripplinger - I'm setting those plugboards now under "device_db" and "PRST1". This looks very much like what I'm after.

Much appreciated!
Old 02-22-2014, 03:28 PM   #4
sharphamster
Anathema Device

That worked like a charm!

Having the series information available in the Collections view was ideally what I wanted when I started reading up on customization. I added in a PRS-505 plugboard too, and my 350 gets the same treatment next.

Thank you so much - Karma to you :]
Old 02-22-2014, 03:34 PM   #5
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350: 3 Silver, 2 Blue!; Kobo Glo
I don't know what we'd do without Calibre! So many things you can tweak to get just the way you want them and make our reading life easier and more fun. Glad it was easy to set up for you.

Last edited by Ripplinger; 02-22-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:44 PM   #6
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Sony PRS 350
Adding the series info to the title with plugboards really improves things doesn't it? I'm not even using collections or cover view on my ereaders since getting help to set up a plugboard.

Calibre is wonderful isn't it.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:53 AM   #7
sharphamster
Anathema Device

Oh yes - and here I've been using it as more of a library catalog all this time! Finally finding out just how many different things Calibre can do. Love how it takes care of the widows and orphans problem on my Kobo.

Having the info right there in the title sure beats consulting my little txt file for the series order.