Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #16
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Not all people like Slacker! I much prefer TuneIn since it is international, and Slacker is geo-restricted. I don't want to fire up my VPN just to listen to radio.
I have TuneIn as well (and you can record with it for offline playback) but prefer Slacker because it's extremely customizable. I don't have any problems with georestrictions, our music choices in Canada are pretty much the same as in the US, that I can tell.
I can select specific artists/styles and create my own stations and can "cache" up to about 20 stations for offline listening during those road long trips from Montréal to Toronto ... It's not really "radio" in the same sense as TuneIn... I've had it on my BlackBerry and still use it on my PC, my iPod, and now my Android phone and tablets. Sound quality is excellent. I have a "Plus" account not the Premium.
Review from PCMag
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2340016,00.asp

Last edited by Cdesja5; 09-04-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:48 PM   #17
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I have ectaco universal translator for 183 languages app and use it many times per day. It works without 3G and Internet connection. It talks in many languages.
I installed it on all my android devices.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=com.ectaco.ut

I also use Google map instead of GPS. This app updates the traffic in real time and works much better than Embedded GPS on my Lexus.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:36 AM   #18
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
My top Apps in no particular order on my Kindle Fire. The list for my Droid 3 is basically the same.

Gmail
Netflix
YouTube
Chess Genius (also DroidFish)
My Fitness Pal
Age of Conquest: Europe
Kindle ebook reader

Bonus App: I use the Fire's Web Browser a lot.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:36 AM   #19
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Goodreads is probably my most used app next to my browser.

I just bought TapaTalk I see me using this a lot.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:58 AM   #20
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Tapatalk is great. Also thanks for the TuneIn suggestion! listening on my laptop now.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:06 AM   #21
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Goodreads is probably my most used app next to my browser.

I just bought TapaTalk I see me using this a lot.
If you have any forums you visit frequently that use it, you'll be addicted to it!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:24 PM   #22
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
among my favorites \ most used

juicedefender
volume ace free
podkicker
clipsync
colornote
wordhero
crossword lite
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #23
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Clipsync was a nice find. DL'ed it and like it, seems useful.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #24
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In same arena, there is this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...transfer&hl=en
Old 09-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #25
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
If you have any forums you visit frequently that use it, you'll be addicted to it!
MobileRead is the only forum I go to other then Amazon's Romance forum. However I am too addicted to MR that I was using the mobile version of the site and Tapatalk is a 100 times better. Now if it just didn't drain my battery so much.

Another app I used is Out Of Milk Pro. Hubby does the shopping so it's great to have a real time sync. It's not perfect but he has it on his phone and I have it on mine. I can make a list and he gets it when he opens the app. I can add or delete a item on my end and he can do the same. It's a must have for us. I can watch as he crosses out items on his end. Oh I love Technology!
Old 09-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #26
ScotiaBurrell
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I can watch as he crosses out items on his end.
"No, I'm not buying that."
Old 09-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #27
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post
"No, I'm not buying that."
Just the other day I was like where's the banana chips? He says "It wasn't on the list" I say "I know you crossed it off. It was too!" He sighs It's really great otherwise I would be calling him every few seconds telling I forgot he needs to pick this up. It never fails I always forget to put something down. This list app is a lifesaver for me. Real time Sync is awesome!

Oh forgot to mention you can also use your PC via their website to add stuff to your lists. So if only one person has a device. You can do the same thing with your PC and they will get the updated list on their phone.

Last edited by Blossom; 09-05-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #28
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
My husband doesn't have a smart phone and shhhhh I'm not mentioning the website to him, but my kids would have a mile along list for me!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #29
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
My husband doesn't have a smart phone and shhhhh I'm not mentioning the website to him, but my kids would have a mile along list for me!
I could see that. It's just me, hubby and the furbabies. He does the shopping due to my health. He has to have a smartphone. Sometimes he will take pics of items and text them to me to see which one to get. Technology is grand!
Old 09-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #30
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Songza...haven't been able to put it down....
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote