Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #16
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Quite probably. I'm usually doing it directly from SSH (debugOn.sh / debugOff.sh / showlog -f / showlog|grep XXX etc.)
Oook, let's use putty! WINSCP doesn't let me use showlog -f (it crashes!).
I'll let you know if i I find something!
Thanks!!!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #17
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

WOW!!
It was so easy!!!

Here's what to include in the javascript:
Code:
kindle.chrome.setTitleBar('', title);
You set a title variable, than call the function and...ta da!!

I need to understand what is " before the title!
But now, I can control the titlebar!

PS You need to set this in the config.xml file:

Code:
<kindle:messaging>
       	<kindle:app name="com.lab126.pillow" value="yes"/>
</kindle:messaging>
Old 05-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #18
silver18
THE NOOB

i'm hijacking this thread a last time: I wonder if there is a way to take a screenshot from inside a WAF.
I generally use:
Code:
lipc-set-prop -- com.lab126.system takeScreenShot 1
but I don't know how to send it from a WAF!
Old 05-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #19
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
@silver18

Short answer: you can't. WAF can only interact with the system in a very limited way (through the predefined lipc "interfaces"). But it won't let you send arbitrary lipc commands or execute arbitrary shell commands. That makes sense, because it would be a huge security hole. And now let's have this thread get back on topic - I think it was about eips
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:11 PM   #20
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Perhaps we need to rename this thread. It has very little to do with "eips" these days. I can request that a site moderator rename it. Any suggestions what we should call this thread?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #21
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
"Miscellaneous"?
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #22
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
"Miscellaneous"?
How about:

"Miscellaneous-v5.1.0 (How amazon screwed the pooch, and other neglected topics.)"

There are a number of different threads that contain off-topic discussions that we could fold into here -- especially the posts about 5.1.0 breaking stuff that works fine on other firmware versions.

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-09-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #23
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Perhaps we need to rename this thread. It has very little to do with "eips" these days. I can request that a site moderator rename it. Any suggestions what we should call this thread?
5.1, fact and fiction
5.1, flack and fiction
5.1, flack and friction
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #24
geekmaster

Another thing broken by 5.1.0:

waitforkey no longer returns keycodes for accelerometer rotation events. I was using those...
Old 05-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #25
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
@silver18

Short answer: you can't. WAF can only interact with the system in a very limited way (through the predefined lipc "interfaces"). But it won't let you send arbitrary lipc commands or execute arbitrary shell commands. That makes sense, because it would be a huge security hole. And now let's have this thread get back on topic - I think it was about eips
Sorry to hijack this 3d again....
I'm here to report what I found!
You can change a WAF config.xml file to add new lines to the messaging part.
If you change it this way:

Code:
<kindle:messaging>
       	<kindle:app name="com.lab126.pillow" value="yes"/>
	<kindle:app name="com.lab126.system" value="yes"/>
</kindle:messaging>
Than you can add this javascript command:
Code:
kindle.messaging.sendMessage('com.lab126.system', 'takeScreenShot', '1');
to take a screenshot from inside a WAF.
This means WAFs can send every lipc message as listed with:
Code:
lipc-probe -a

Last edited by silver18; 05-14-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #26
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
eips is a custom eink support program for kindles, that until now had no source code and no documentation except that it listed a single line showing command line parameters it will accept.

I just discovered that after the 5.1.0 upgrade, this is what you now get from eips with no parameters:
Code:

usage:
to print strings: eips [row] [col] [-h] string
		 -h for highlighted text
to show image: eips -g|-b image_path [-w waveform -f -x xpos -y ypos -v]
		 -g for png, -b for bitmap
		 -w waveform can be gc16 gl16 or du, default is gc16
		 -f for full update, default is partial update
		 -x -y in units of pixels
		 -v for inverted picture
to paint a retangle on screen: eips -d l=a,w=b,h=c [-x xx -y yy -w wf]
		 a is gray level in hex, b is width, c is height, with optional xx yy location, waveform mode
to clear display: eips -c 
to paint checker: eips -q 
to paint grayscale: eips -l 
to paint pattern: eips -p 
to paint barcode: eips -r barcode
to print fb info: eips -i

This is MUCH better than just experimenting and hoping to find something useful in the previously undocumented parameter list (using startup scripts as examples).

I already knew most of these, but the ones I did not know how to use look quite useful. I like that "paint a gray rectangle" option, and the bitmap support.

Thanks amazon and lab126!

while :;do eips -q -wdu;usleep 130000;eips -v -q -wdu;usleep 130000;done (K5)

Just to say that

[root@kindle root]# eips -g /mnt/us/usr/bin/pictures/gameboy.png

works okay on a 3

but actually

[root@kindle root]# eips -g /mnt/us/usr/bin/pictures/gameboy.jpg

works good as well

Viz here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=145

Thanks again mate

Last edited by twobob; 11-23-2012 at 06:32 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #27
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@twobob: Well, it doesn't on the 4/5 (and eips is actually quite verbose, and when you ask it to print a png via -g, it actually asks for a PNG8, anything else and it chokes, or, worse, display garbage).

EDIT: Scratch that, on a 3 too, IIRC.

How's your jpg encoded?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:10 PM   #28
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=145

Attached there. Just seems to display 33% of the total image x axis.
I'm not complaining.

Works okay other than that

(Perhaps Works "Good" was a bit of a stretch!!!, works with some love)

HEH

Last edited by twobob; 11-23-2012 at 10:30 PM. Reason: love
Old 11-23-2012, 10:11 PM   #29
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@twobob: Well, it doesn't on the 4/5 (and eips is actually quite verbose, and when you ask it to print a png via -g, it actually asks for a PNG8, anything else and it chokes, or, worse, display garbage).

EDIT: Scratch that, on a 3 too, IIRC.

How's your jpg encoded?
I added a viddy.

"Viddy or it never happened" and all that

cripes I am not sure I should jump in Gimp and have a look... : )

Last edited by twobob; 11-23-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:46 PM   #30
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Eh, yeah, the stretchy 33% thingy was part of what I meant by garbage, might have been a bit too strongly worded... ;-). Still better than what happens when feeding it a 16 or 24 bit PNG though :-)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-24-2012 at 12:58 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote