Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-09-2009, 10:50 AM   #16
akwant
closed
akwant has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.akwant has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.akwant has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: ---
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
I am hearing some reports of Mac users not seeing images in imported documents, from HTML imports to EPUB imports. Could anyone with a Mac confirm that they too are seeing this problem? Or could a Mac person confirm that it is working correctly for them?
unfortunately it looks like this: (it's David Copperfield ePub from MR)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-capture.png
Views:	433
Size:	305.4 KB
ID:	37156  
akwant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:47 AM   #17
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Excellent! Keep up the good work!
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:58 AM   #18
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by akwant View Post
unfortunately it looks like this: (it's David Copperfield ePub from MR)
Since this loads without problems on my Windows machine, something has gone horribly wrong with the Mac build. I'll be taking down the 0.1.4 version of Sigil for Mac and uploading a 0.1.4b version when I figure this one out.

Just what I needed...
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:22 AM   #19
akwant
closed
akwant has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.akwant has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.akwant has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: ---
I've just finished building my own 0.1.4 for Snow Leopard and had the same issue. No pictures.

I'm not 100% sure but it seems that it's because you use:

macdeployqt Sigil.app -dmg -no-plugins

I applied macdeployqt manually with only -dmg and everything is fine now.

well...
akwant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:52 AM   #20
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akwant View Post
macdeployqt Sigil.app -dmg -no-plugins

I applied macdeployqt manually with only -dmg and everything is fine now.

well...
The plugins get added as a separate target, but they do get added. Either way, I didn't build the Mac version this time (didn't have access to a Mac). I should be able to get access to one tomorrow or the day after and then I'll sort this all out.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:23 PM   #21
Valloric

The Mac OS X issue with loading images has now been fixed. Download Sigil v0.1.4b (only available for Mac).
Old 10-10-2009, 08:14 PM   #22
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Valloric, I have a question.

I'm working with SIGIL 0.1.2, but my question is for any level of SIGIL.

I have a HTML download from Project Gutenberg with a separate file of images that are called by the HTML. SIGIL will show the text but not the images. Is there any easy way to include the relevant images?
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:39 PM   #23
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@Valloric: Just a tip, it's possible to run OS X in a vmware virtual machine.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:47 PM   #24
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Valloric, I have a question.

I'm working with SIGIL 0.1.2, but my question is for any level of SIGIL.

I have a HTML download from Project Gutenberg with a separate file of images that are called by the HTML. SIGIL will show the text but not the images. Is there any easy way to include the relevant images?
Well if the HTML file being imported is linking the images, they should be all picked up on import. Your images will be copied, renamed and the links updated. They should display without problems.

But HTML importing has seen a lot of improvements since v0.1.2, so maybe you're seeing a bug. Try the newer version. If that doesn't work for you, open an issue and attach the zipped up HTML file with the images.

Just BTW, why are you calling it "SIGIL"? There's no reason for the ALL CAPS, but hey, if it works for you, great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@Valloric: Just a tip, it's possible to run OS X in a vmware virtual machine.
Kovid, see the discussion in this thread.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:06 PM   #25
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
The Mac OS X issue with loading images has now been fixed. Download Sigil v0.1.4b (only available for Mac).
Images load correctly now, Valloric, thanks!

(Snow Leopard 10..6.1)
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote