Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-11-2010, 05:01 AM   #1
GotInk?
GotInk? began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 302
Unhappy Help: Pocketbook 302 display frozen

I received a Pocketbook 302 yesterday. But after a few minutes using it - the display got a freeze.

So I connected the PB with my PC and hit the restet button a few times. After disconnecting it the display changed back to "white" and the boot screen appears.

But after clicking on any application the display got a freeze again. Okay, may be it is the battery I thought - so I charged the PB for 12 hours now.

Unfortunately the display stays black with some white stripes. The device is working. I can connect it with my PC, plus if I use the buttons the led is flickering.

A few minutes back I opened the PB and removed the battery. But no luck - display seems to be frozen.

What can I do?
GotInk? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:04 AM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotInk? View Post
I received a Pocketbook 302 yesterday. But after a few minutes using it - the display got a freeze.

So I connected the PB with my PC and hit the restet button a few times. After disconnecting it the display changed back to "white" and the boot screen appears.

But after clicking on any application the display got a freeze again. Okay, may be it is the battery I thought - so I charged the PB for 12 hours now.

Unfortunately the display stays black with some white stripes. The device is working. I can connect it with my PC, plus if I use the buttons the led is flickering.

A few minutes back I opened the PB and removed the battery. But no luck - display seems to be frozen.

What can I do?
Hmm, so you did a reset already? Please try a more radical way of reset: Plug your reader on a power source, turn it on, hold the upper small buttons, follow the orders on the screen. if that does not work, please return your reader to your service center (depending on where you've sold the device)
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2010, 10:52 AM   #3
GotInk?

Sry, that doesn't help.

Screen stays black. Sometimes if I connect it with the PC and turn it on and off I'll see the for a few seconds the last screen. After that it turns dark with white stripes again.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:19 AM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotInk? View Post
Sry, that doesn't help.

Screen stays black. Sometimes if I connect it with the PC and turn it on and off I'll see the for a few seconds the last screen. After that it turns dark with white stripes again.
Sounds like your battery is oh so empty. Maybe the charging just didn't work. Anyway, where did you buy your reader? You should return it with a sheet of paper defining your problem and your bank acount number for repaying your port. Our folks will look if they can repair your reader or give you a new one.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:58 AM   #5
GotInk?

Thanks,

I sent it back - hoping to get a new one
Advert