Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-18-2010, 11:53 AM   #16
Lotus Esprit
Addict
Lotus Esprit will become famous soon enoughLotus Esprit will become famous soon enoughLotus Esprit will become famous soon enoughLotus Esprit will become famous soon enoughLotus Esprit will become famous soon enoughLotus Esprit will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
I have the downloads from the iBooks store on my iPad.

The U.S. Constitution
The Bill of Rights
The Federalist Papers
Lotus Esprit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:25 PM   #17
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
So many books, so little time. Some of the books that I have just finished
Ten Discoveries that Rewrote History
Magic Bleeds
The Ambassador's Mission
Changes
Strong Men Armed
The Name of the Wind
Silver Bourne
With the Old Breed at Peleliu and Okinawa

Currently I'm reading
The Army at Dawn

SpellCrash is probably next in the queue
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2010, 08:37 PM   #18
Lotus Esprit
Addict
Lotus Esprit will become famous soon enoughLotus Esprit will become famous soon enoughLotus Esprit will become famous soon enoughLotus Esprit will become famous soon enoughLotus Esprit will become famous soon enoughLotus Esprit will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
I have found that a lot of titles are not currently available on the iBooks store but Amazon does have them. I thought that Apple got all of the major publishers to play ball a while ago but I guess not.
Lotus Esprit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:33 AM   #19
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Thanks to everyone who's contributed to this thread - picked up a couple of new books myself on the strength of comments here, and a few oldies that I'd forgotten about...

My summer reading list is a mix of some new, and some old faves; I'm re-reading the Stieg Larsson series, and hoping for the next Lee Child before summer's out. I have the fourth book of the Dexter series (might re-read the early ones too) Robert Crais' latest Joe Pike novel, and Hilary Mantel's Wolf Hall. Some old William Gibson (Mona Lisa Overdrive, Virtual Light) Malcolm Gladwell's Tipping Point, Some Robert Harris (Pompeii, The Ghost).

No heavy reading for me over summer, thanks!

Pete
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:57 AM   #20
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Just recently finished reading The Passage by Justin Cronin. Really good book.

I'm currently reading the Mists of Avalon. Pretty good, but it needs to pick up the pace soon. Its early I'm only on Chapter 6 of a +900 page book. I expect it will pick up shortly.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2010, 08:14 AM   #21
Yoshi 1080
Addict
Yoshi 1080 doesn't litterYoshi 1080 doesn't litterYoshi 1080 doesn't litter

Device: iPad, iPhone, Mac
Currently I am reading Killing Floor by Lee Child. It’s about an ex Army policeman who doesn't change his underwear very often and finds out about a conspiracy. It's a really great thriller, I’m almost through.
Yoshi 1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:43 AM   #22
davebalme
Enthusiast
davebalme began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Ipad, Kobo Wireless, Archos 70b & 80G9. And a Kobo Arc
Comics & some Doc Savage pulps.
davebalme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:16 AM   #23
Rique
Zealot
Rique began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (silver), IPad 3G 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rique View Post
Just finished Hawk Channel Chase by Tom Corcoran - but not on my iPad (he does not do e-books... never has), so I suppose that does not count.

On the iPad, I last read "With the Old Breed" by Eugene Sledge, a first-person account of the War in the Pacific. If you like History at all, highly recommended.

Next in line is either "61 hours" by Lee Child or Randy Wayne White's latest, "Deep Shadow". Whichever of those two - light summer reading escapes - that I choose, after that is finished I plan to read "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy.

Haven't planned out my summer reading any further than that yet...

-- Riq
"Deep Shadow" was terrific. Randy Wayne White is back!

"The Road" awaits me.
Rique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:04 AM   #24
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Just finished 'The Complete Mackenzie Collection' by Linda Howard (4 books) off my Kindle app. I have decided to try out some comics and started 'Farscape Series 1-4' via Comics+ in the comic stores they run $3.99 USD but ipad digital $1.99 each. Great artist Tommy Patterson, beautiful panels. I still have at least 100 Kindle free books that I have not even looked at and been loading over the last 2 years.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:41 PM   #25
nursedude
Zealot
nursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kobo (Original), KT, iPad 1, iPhone 4S, iPad 3rd gen
e-books
Just finished: With the Old Breed by Eugene Sledge and Helmet for A Pillow by Robert Leckie. Great books. Both offer good perspective on the USMC in the Pacific.

Analog books
Just finished: Sizzlin 16 by Janet Evanovich, Tim Dorsey's latest and Foreign Influence by Brad Thor
nursedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:51 PM   #26
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
Currently reading The Pillars of the Earth and then will check out the miniseries on Netflix. I believe two episodes are currently available. I also have on tap, The Girl with Dragon Tatoo which was on sale @ Amazon for $7.14. It's currently #1 on Kindle store paid books list.
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:54 PM   #27
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
I've been reading books by Upton Sinclair and Jack London. There are a few nonfiction history books I wanna read next, but I'm rationing full-price books with public domain reading.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:52 AM   #28
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Now I reading the Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I converted them from PDF to EPUB and loaded them into my iBooks. I have 1-19 and a few specials. They range from quickie 200 pages to big 600 or more. I'm on the 3rd book, Night Pleasures, 571 pages, almost done.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:11 PM   #29
Cockeye
Cockeye began at the beginning.

Device: IPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAstoria View Post
Currently reading The Pillars of the Earth and then will check out the miniseries on Netflix. I believe two episodes are currently available. I also have on tap, The Girl with Dragon Tatoo which was on sale @ Amazon for $7.14. It's currently #1 on Kindle store paid books list.
Is that the enhanced editipn? I'd love to get that but you can only download it on a pc and i got burgled a few weeks ago and mine got stolen
Cockeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:21 PM   #30
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockeye View Post
Is that the enhanced editipn? I'd love to get that but you can only download it on a pc and i got burgled a few weeks ago and mine got stolen
no, but will watch the mini series on netflix. I was sorely tempted though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enhanced ebook edition of Pillars of the Earth released for the iPad

By Paul Biba

Received a press release about an “amplified” edition of Pillars of the Earth. It will be for the iPad and is now available at the iTunes store for $12.99.

The enhanced edition includes an interactive Character Tree, contextual video and still images blending into the ebook from the corresponding section of the Starz television series, Follett’s Multimedia Diary which contains his on-set impressions of bring the book to the screen, interviews with the actors, director and producers, and music from the series.
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebooks, ipad, mystery, smashbooks