Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-09-2009, 06:40 PM   #1
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Plug in 505 & eBook Library starts itself??

Just the past few times, when I plug in my Sony PRS 505 to my USB port, eBook Library automatically gets started on my PC. This issue may have started after I updated eBook library to the new update a day or two ago.

How can I prevent eBook Library from automatically starting when the Sony PRS 505 is plugged into the USB port?

If this is not the right place to seek an answer, where should else should I go?

Thanks!

. . . . . . Pete
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:43 PM   #2
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
In Windows XP, click on Start, then Run, and then type in msconfig. Uncheck the entry that says "eBook Library Launcher." Save and Exit.

Good Luck!

P.S.: Sony's eBook Library Launcher seems to use a boatload of memory, even when it is laying dormant.
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:26 PM   #3
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timoleon View Post
In Windows XP, click on Start, then Run, and then type in msconfig. Uncheck the entry that says "eBook Library Launcher." Save and Exit.

Good Luck!

P.S.: Sony's eBook Library Launcher seems to use a boatload of memory, even when it is laying dormant.
this is a lifesaver! thanks for the tip, it's been driving me nuts having it automatically lanch plus this may explain the weird error messages I'm getting when I plug in my 505.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:39 PM   #4
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timoleon View Post
T, Thanks! I had thought that might be the remedy so I appreciate your confirming it.

I've done as you suggested. Hopefully, the problem is laid to rest.

. . . . Pete
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:16 PM   #5
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
How do I change this on Vista? I tried right clicking on Start to find Run but it isn't there, nor is it when I left click.
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:04 PM   #6
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaAnn View Post
How do I change this on Vista? I tried right clicking on Start to find Run but it isn't there, nor is it when I left click.
Click on Start button then type msconfig in the search box at bottom and hit enter.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:06 PM   #7
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaAnn View Post
Here is a nice little primer:

http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/msconfig_vista.html

Good Luck!
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:18 PM   #8
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
Smile

I had the same issue. Thanks for the solution!
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:50 PM   #9
Enola
Enola has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-650
Timoleon = Awesome! Thanks!!!!!! That was driving me NUTS, esp since every time I plugged my reader in and software autolaunched, when i unplugged the reader it would lock up (I use Calibre so I think that's why it would freeze).

Now I plug it in, no Sony library, and the reader doesn't go wonky afterwards
Enola is offline   Reply With Quote