Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 07-16-2015, 08:27 PM   #541
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
I'm playing around with Firefly and it tells me

Trouble connecting to server

Can it only be used if it's used as a phone? Wi-Fi is definitely working.

Not a big deal of if I can't get it working. LOL

ETA: it would help if I'd set the correct time zone initially. Fixing that solved the problem!
Cant use unless its connected. I use mine at home thru WiFi but in stores I cant My Phone plan doesn't connect to internet.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:44 PM   #542
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Katie1 - it wouldn't work because dummy me set the phone in the wrong time zone, and Firefly did not like that!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:52 PM   #543
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

IF you say so but not sure why time zone would have anything to do with the Firefly...
Old 07-16-2015, 11:01 PM   #544
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
It actually told me to check that in the error message details. I didn't think that was the issue because the phone was displaying the current time....but the wrong time zone was selected when I checked.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 02:38 AM   #545
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Prime Music app for Fire Phone just got updated (to 4.4.5). It now supports Prime Stations.
Now how the heck did I miss this? I just turned my Fire Phone on and lo and behold, there was Prime Stations. I'm a month late to the party.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 02:30 PM   #546
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Your post TM reminded me to check my app... Nope not there I decided to remove it then re-download since its not showing updates needed. So I did & there was the Prime stations
Old 07-25-2015, 04:13 PM   #547
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Question - how good is the camera for stills and video? I've yet to use it.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:12 PM   #548
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Oh I think the camera is awesome! Takes good videos, too. And with Amazon Cloud Drive thingy, all I have to do is turn on the wifi, and my pics will automatically get uploaded to the cloud, and then I can download them to my computer, without ever having to hook anything up. I love it!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 06:21 PM   #549
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Love the camera and cloud feature!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 04:52 PM   #550
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Fantastic Camera!
Old 08-27-2015, 03:09 PM   #551
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I should've posted this here:

Reports are surfacing that Amazon has laid off engineers involved with the Fire Phone:

Amazon reportedly lays off Fire Phone engineers

Quote:
It appears Amazon is taking a break from making smartphones. The tech giant has reportedly laid off several engineers tied to its failed Fire Phone as it re-evaluates its plans for developing hardware.

Amazon. According to The Wall Street Journal, the online retailer cut multiple engineers tied to its secret hardware development center Lab126. Amazon also postponed several other projects including a large-screen tablet. Amazon has proven successful with hardware, notably its Kindle line of e-readers and tablets. However, the Fire Phone failed to grab consumers' attention.

Nate also has a piece on this over at the Digital Reader:

Amazon May Have Fired the Fire Phone Team, But They’re Hiring Elsewhere (Videos)

Quote:
Amazon is sending mixed messages of late about its hardware projects. On the one hand, we have leaked reports of mass layoffs, while on the other hand I have also uncovered recruitment videos.
Old 08-27-2015, 03:22 PM   #552
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

It looks like there will never be an Amazon Fire Phone 2

Quote:
The widely panned Amazon Fire Phone was nothing short of a catastrophic failure for the retail giant, and now it seems Amazon is changing course.

The Wall Street Journal reports Amazon has parted with many engineers at its Silicon Valley development firm, Lab126 — specifically, the ones responsible for development of the Fire Phone.

>>>snip<<<

It seems like the Fire Phone is officially dead, but more smart-home devices from Amazon are in the works. The Echo is a bit of a runaway success, and Internet of Things products could be a great way to drive more Amazon sales.

PS: the Fire Phone is currently unavailable at Amazon
Old 08-27-2015, 04:09 PM   #553
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
It looks like there will never be an Amazon Fire Phone 2

PS: the Fire Phone is currently unavailable at Amazon

Noticed that the day before it became unavailable, the price dropped to $130. At that price, I almost bought one as a spare. Wonder if that's the end of sales completely, or if they will bring in more stock...
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 04:34 PM   #554
Breathinlady
Zealot
Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Fire HD,HD6,10HD,2 Fire Phones iPod touch, iPad3, Nexus 10
So very sad to see it may be dead! I was hoping it would receive support apps for interfacing to my Echo. I really wanted to be able to control some lights.
Breathinlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 05:15 PM   #555
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathinlady View Post
So very sad to see it may be dead! I was hoping it would receive support apps for interfacing to my Echo. I really wanted to be able to control some lights.
The Echo companion app is available for Fire Phone. It's now called 'Amazon Alexa'. But I don't know if it offers an alternative to voice control for switching lights, haven't tried that yet. Smart devices generally have their own apps, for example WeMo.

Or are you talking about something else entirely? I don't know of any 'support apps for Echo' apart from this, on any platform.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote