Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #1006
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasser View Post
Installed v2.1..

Now.. where do i get to see a changelog..?
In addition to the above, see NiLuJe's most recent USBnetworking package - it uses the new menu features (you may have to read his *.json file to see the how the field names are used).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #1007
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@twobob: There's an up to date detailed Changelog in the resource folder in the sources . [can't figure out how to link to a file @HEAD and not a specific commit via bitbucket, so, err, here, but at HEAD]

And as knc1 said, check out stepk's examples (linked in the what's new wiki page, which also describes those changes in details), or any of my hacks, most of them make extensive use of the new parser features . (The cake goes to the K5 Fonts hack, with a completely dynamic menu built on demand at runtime).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-11-2013 at 11:57 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #1008
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
@NiLuJe: https://bitbucket.org/ixtab/kindlela....txt?at=master
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #1009
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ixtab: Ha! Thanks .
Old 08-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #1010
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
For anyone who hasn't been following closely here:

nasser has been writing buttons for useful things found that are lacking buttons.

Whoot! A new volunteer button author. Taking on a chore that needs doing.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #1011
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
thanks I'll link that in the top post.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #1012
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Okay, there REALLY needs to be some fanfare for this roll-out!

Thanks just doesn't quite say it!!

(question... The new azw2 file is still named KindleLauncher-2.0.azw2....should it be KindleLauncher-2.1.azw2?)

Welcome back twobob!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #1013
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, the naming of the file may be somewhat confusing if you don't know where it stems from. The "1.0" and "2.0" refer to the Kindlet specification version that the Kindle must be running, not to the KUAL version. The old and new devices use different and utterly incompatible Kindlet versions - that's also the reason why there are two different .azw2 files.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #1014
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
Re what's new in 2.1, I think I committed "menu collation" between 2.0 and 2.1, so that counts as a new feature, too. Menu collation, unless disabled in KUAL.cfg, groups separate json menus that share the same top menu name under - you guessed it - that top menu name. In adding this feature I thought we could define a common top menu structure, i.e., System, Network, Games, etc. and button developers could graft their buttons under the most pertinent entry, for instance, the firewall button under Network, etc. Sort of like the linux system menu categories. That's just and idea. I used menu collation to add extra KUAL features under the KUAL menu entry, things like setting sorting modes, replacing the store button on KT, and more.

The button package is attached to this post. Unzip it in /mnt/us on your kindle. You only need the KUAL-add-ons folder. See also this other post.

PSA: All downloads have been moved to the Snapshots thread!
Attached Files
File Type: zip kual-dyn-submenu-example-0.1.N.zip (2.9 KB, 3160 views)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-04-2019 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Refresh packages.
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #1015
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Yeah, the naming of the file may be somewhat confusing if you don't know where it stems from. The "1.0" and "2.0" refer to the Kindlet specification version that the Kindle must be running, not to the KUAL version. The old and new devices use different and utterly incompatible Kindlet versions - that's also the reason why there are two different .azw2 files.
Thanks for the clarification...I absolutely have no idea where any of this 'stems' from , but I'm sure glad all of you do!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #1016
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The release archives include an old KUAL.cfg file. Here's a link to the latest one
https://bitbucket.org/ixtab/kindlela....cfg?at=master
When you upgrade from an earlier version to 2.1 check if /mnt/us/extensions/KUAL.cfg exists and if it does you may want to amend it with the new KUAL.cfg in the above link. No action is necessary if /mnt/us/extensions/KUAL.cfg isn't there.
Twobob, you may want to replace the file in the release archives.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #1017
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@stepk: Ooh, speaking of, I *think* you link to your fork, which is a private repo, so the source tree isn't actually accessible .
Old 08-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #1018
stepk
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@stepk: Ooh, speaking of, I *think* you link to your fork, which is a private repo, so the source tree isn't actually accessible .
thanks NiLuJe. I attached the archive to my message.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:27 AM   #1019
fradeve
fradeve has much to be proud offradeve has much to be proud offradeve has much to be proud offradeve has much to be proud offradeve has much to be proud offradeve has much to be proud offradeve has much to be proud offradeve has much to be proud offradeve has much to be proud offradeve has much to be proud offradeve has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle Touch
install problems

Hi guys,
sorry for boring you with these problems and thanks to devs and community for bringing us this great piece of software.

I'm trying to install KUAL 2.1 on Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1 jailbreaked using the latest Kubrick yesterday.

Installing the KindleLauncher-2.0.azw2 in "documents" folder gives me error about "test device", so I tried to install prerequisites, following these steps:

1 - Helpers

I've placed the "helper" dir under FAT-ROOT/extensions/helper

2 - First method
Just tried regular prerequisites, installing them one at a time; tried the following couples:

Code:
update_k4_ALL_devcerts_install.bin
update_k4_ALL_kindlet_jailbreak_install.bin
Code:
update_k5_ALL_PW_ALL_devcerts_install.bin
update_k5_ALL_PW_ALL_kindlet_jailbreak_install.bin
Every time, even inverting the order of bin installs, it complains me with "UPDATE ERROR: 3".

3 - Second method

So, I've tried the alternative comprehensive bins, from here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...67&postcount=2

Tried to install:

Code:
update_kindlet-dev-20130710-k4-ALL_install.bin
update_kindlet-dev-20130710-k5-ALL_install.bin
But it gives me the same error as above.

Notes
  • I have full SSH over USB and WiFi access
  • I move bins in Kindle using SSH over WiFi, because even when moving them in FAT-ROOT using USB, the "Update software" in menu doesn't seem to be active (so using WiFi is easier); I install them simply rebooting the Kindle.

Any hint?
fradeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:42 AM   #1020
ixtab
(offline)

Install prerequisites one at a time. Install them by choosing "Update Your Kindle" from the Settings menu, NOT "Restart". You can try a thousand times - "Restart" will NEVER work to install these update packages.

If you copy the files via SSH, "Update Your Kindle" will remain grayed out though. See here for a solution.

PS: You could have easily found this out yourself by searching this forum (or google) for "update error 003" or similar. It has been explained dozens of times.

Last edited by ixtab; 08-15-2013 at 05:46 AM.

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified