Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-01-2011, 07:30 AM   #1
Julien Pham
Connoisseur
Julien Pham began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
iPhone Kindle App and book covers

Hi, I have downloaded a free book in .mobi format on Calibre. I have setup the metadata, the cover, and so I have activated the web server.

I went on the webserver on my iPhone, I downloaded the book to the Kindle App (why the Kindle App you would say, because this is the one I prefer on my iPhone now, as this is the one I find the most convenient to watch for word definitions. Perhaps stanza could be better, but for now Stanza does not work anymore on iOS 5).

And so ok I have my book on my Kindle App, except that my book just has a generic cover, not the cover I have added.

Any way to have my cover in iPhone Kindle app?

Thanks
Julien Pham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:52 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien Pham View Post
And so ok I have my book on my Kindle App, except that my book just has a generic cover, not the cover I have added.

Any way to have my cover in iPhone Kindle app?
Doing a mobi to mobi conversion prior to sending the book should embed the cover in the file.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2011, 08:08 AM   #3
Julien Pham
Connoisseur
Julien Pham began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Thanks a lot, it works
Julien Pham is offline   Reply With Quote