Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-10-2007, 03:44 PM   #151
madmaxmedia
Connoisseur
madmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony CLIE TG50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
These offers generally are "while stocks last" or something like that, if you read the small print.
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. And if it was for some special one-off item where there was no suitable substitute, I wouldn't really complain because these things happen.

But filling the remaining special offers with 505 units seems like a nice and easy way to solve the problem, and seems like they are gonna do that after all.
madmaxmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 04:40 PM   #152
yuhreka
yuhreka began at the beginning.

Device: none
New ticket?

Did they specifically mention that we need to acquire a new ticket? I just called and the rep explained that it wasn't necessary. Perhaps because I already have one open? But didn't everyone here have an open ticket as well with Sony Rewards customer service?
One thing's for certain, I'd normally be raising hell in these types of situations except that everyone I've spoken to at customer service have been so darn polite and nice. Is that pretty much everyone's experience?
yuhreka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2007, 04:59 PM   #153
madmaxmedia
Connoisseur
madmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony CLIE TG50
Yeah, the lady I talked to was really cool.

It seems like Sony just made an honest mistake, is aware of it, and is currently trying to resolve it. I can't complain too hard about it, since it was a great deal to begin with and will only be better if we get the 505.
madmaxmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 05:50 PM   #154
JTravers
Groupie
JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuhreka View Post
Did they specifically mention that we need to acquire a new ticket? I just called and the rep explained that it wasn't necessary. Perhaps because I already have one open? But didn't everyone here have an open ticket as well with Sony Rewards customer service?
One thing's for certain, I'd normally be raising hell in these types of situations except that everyone I've spoken to at customer service have been so darn polite and nice. Is that pretty much everyone's experience?
No joke.
Kim from the Redemption Center actually left me a message on my voicemail at home. How often does someone from Customer Service follow up with you so quickly (I called in yesterday) and without you having to continually call and harass them? I'm very impressed.
JTravers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:10 PM   #155
aapezzuto
Zealot
aapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Yeah,
I talked to Tony at customer service... asked about the status of the order, though he didn't bring it up he admitted openly that the 505 replacement idea had been passed around the office. There is a system that they are using to track all the calls in about the reader, and they might actually contact us if they decide to do something strange... He was wonderfully polite, admitted that they dropped the ball, and was wonderful to deal with.
I think sony might win my award for customer servace... I haven't been so happy with a tech company since HP decided that they wanted to get their phone wait time below 3 min (this is back in 1998, when compaq, dell, and gateway were all in the 5-25 min range)

505s for 60$, how cool would that be!?!
aapezzuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2007, 05:12 PM   #156
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Actually, this isn't Sony you're dealing with.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:33 PM   #157
Fzzt
Enthusiast
Fzzt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 500, Amazon Kindle
I think I'm on to their plan. They keep us excited about the Reader so long that eventually we all break down and just buy one at retail price and then hope to hang in there to get the one for $60 to give as a present.

*edit - I called this afternoon and as others have said was told someone would call me to set up the order but that it would take *at least* 3-4 weeks before the order was fulfilled and that it would be a model 505. I think if you were qualified for the CC offer you should call and make sure you get earmarked for an order.

Last edited by Fzzt; 10-12-2007 at 07:33 PM.
Fzzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:40 AM   #158
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I called and got a case # and was told it was being sent to corporate. So we'll see what happens later this month.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:21 PM   #159
pmintpatty
pmintpatty began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Another order cancelled

I, too, had been unable to place an order for the reader @ sonyrewards but was not so lucky when I called 1.866.556.7699. The lady was quite rude & told me just wait till it was again available @ the website. When I saw it available on 10/7 & placed an order & received Confirmation #. Then 10/9 received the
"Order cancelled" email. Have not contacted sonyrewards yet.

Here is copy of Terms & Conditions I previously saved.

"To purchase the Reader for this low price, customers must apply and be approved for the Sony Card through this specific offer only.

The Reader can only be purchased at this special price at SonyRewards.com, the official online home of the Sony Card and it cannot be combined with any other Sony Card offers. New cardmembers must register their new Sony Card at SonyRewards.com, once their Card has been successfully registered, they can redeem the Reader and the reduced price will be applied automatically during the checkout process.

* Sony Card is issued By Chase Bank USA, NA, and is subject to credit approval. Offer available to new Sony Card account holders who open their accounts no later than 10/31/2007. $49.95 price applies only to purchases of the Sony Portable Reader (FRPRS500U) made at SonyRewards.com with the Sony Card on or before 1/31/2008. Limit of one Sony Portable Reader at this special offer price to each new Sony Card account holder. This offer may not be combined with any other Sony Card offer."

10-15-07, 09:15 MDT Spoke with Kim (1.866.556.7669), tho reluctant at first, did "make a ticket to send to corporate" and gave me a Reference Number. She originally had said the 505 would be available on sonyrewards.com in 3-4 weeks & to place an order then. She was very pleasant.

Last edited by pmintpatty; 10-15-2007 at 11:30 AM.
pmintpatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 06:55 PM   #160
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Yes, we know about the cancellation. It seems it was a mistake to have put the reader on the site. But the good news is that we might be getting 505s instead of 500s. But we'll see when it happens.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:02 PM   #161
alanine
Connoisseur
alanine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alanine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alanine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alanine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad v2
Just got off the line with Sony and Chase, and cancelled my new sony card.

Basically I followed the link to sign up, received it and registered before September 30th. Afer calling back and forth several times, I'm now told that I'm eligible NOT for this reader promotion but for something else like 5000 points after first purchase.

This is total bull. Either they purposely did it since they no longer have this promotion, or some system error caused it as I signed up only by mid September. I've had enough, cancelled everything, and just call it a day. I'm much better off to stay in love with my new iliad than pulling my hair at the whole mess. Good luck guys!
alanine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:16 PM   #162
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanine View Post

Basically I followed the link to sign up, received it and registered before September 30th. After calling back and forth several times, I'm now told that I'm eligible NOT for this reader promotion but for something else like 5000 points after first purchase.

This is total bull. Either they purposely did it since they no longer have this promotion, or some system error caused it as I signed up only by mid September. I've had enough, canceled everything, and just call it a day. I'm much better off to stay in love with my new iliad than pulling my hair at the whole mess. Good luck guys!
When did you receive the card and when did you register it?
Old 10-15-2007, 04:38 PM   #163
Evi1d33d
Enthusiast
Evi1d33d began at the beginning.

Device: Red PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanine View Post

Basically I followed the link to sign up, received it and registered before September 30th. Afer calling back and forth several times, I'm now told that I'm eligible NOT for this reader promotion but for something else like 5000 points after first purchase.

This is total bull. Either they purposely did it since they no longer have this promotion, or some system error caused it as I signed up only by mid September. I've had enough, cancelled everything, and just call it a day. I'm much better off to stay in love with my new iliad than pulling my hair at the whole mess. Good luck guys!
I really hope I won't get screwed over like that. Only time will tell...
Evi1d33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:04 PM   #164
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

They say it's going to happen. Just they cannot say exactly when.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:26 PM   #165
jpfletcher
jpfletcher began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
They have the Silver Reader available on Sony Rewards, but they have it for 29.999 points.
Nevermind, I clicked on the product description and it says that it is out of stock.

Last edited by jpfletcher; 10-16-2007 at 03:33 PM.
jpfletcher is offline   Reply With Quote