http://ifile.it/dymua4c/Update_431100003_472900057.bin

i was trying to put font hack in this new version

However, it was unsuccessful

I believe we need a new siguniture hack for 2.5
lili1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:33 PM   #2
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
aww, that's just for the dxi?

Know where I could find it for the Us KDX or K2?
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:44 PM   #3
Sheikspeare
Groupie
Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PR-505 / Kindle DX
Hi,

Thanks for this. How do we install this via PC-USB connection?

Best,
S
Sheikspeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:46 PM   #4
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikspeare View Post
Hi,

Thanks for this. How do we install this via PC-USB connection?

Best,
S
You just add it to the root directory. So just drag n/ drop onto the Kindle icon, NOT into the Documents/Music folder.

I'd be a bit wary of this for a bit, though; lili, how did you get this?
Old 04-30-2010, 06:52 PM   #5
Sheikspeare
Groupie
Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Yes, agreed. Is this file in its entirety? Is it safe?

BTW, I've seen it posted elsewhere:
http://rapidshare.com/files/38188633..._472900057.bin
Old 04-30-2010, 06:54 PM   #6
Anarel
Evangelist

Hn.

I'm guessing, since it downloads the update file onto the device, if you grabbed the .bin BEFORE the update kicked in, you could get it that way...

Hopefully someone's done this for the US versions of K2 and KDX, I only have those....
Old 04-30-2010, 06:58 PM   #7
Sheikspeare
Groupie

Actually, the link I posted earlier is not the same; it seems to be for the DX:

http://rapidshare.com/files/38188633..._472900057.bin
Old 04-30-2010, 06:59 PM   #8
Anarel
Evangelist

Ohh.

God, the temptation.

.... what could it possibly do to my kindle that a factory reset couldn't solve..... I've all my items backed up, why shouldn't I test it?

Sheikspeare. How can you tell that it's for the dx?

Last edited by Anarel; 04-30-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:15 PM   #9
Wheezie
Wheezie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-650
I held my breath and did it. Seems great to me so far and as described by people who go the update directly from Amazon. My DX now shows version 2.5 (472900057).
Wheezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:17 PM   #10
Anarel
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheezie View Post
I held my breath and did it. Seems great to me so far and as described by people who go the update directly from Amazon. My DX now shows version 2.5 (472900057).
Oh, is that the US or Global dx?

Oh and great guts!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:22 PM   #11
Snapply
Connoisseur
Snapply began at the beginning.

Device: Amazozn Kindlezz
I don't believe it, how can you have the dxi before the NORMAL kindle 2, honestly.
Snapply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:23 PM   #12
Wheezie
Wheezie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-650
^^ I have the DXi. The best part is that by the "collections" I have reduced 6 pages of books to 3/4 of 1 page. I don't care about the Facebook business, and you would have to have pretty low vision to need the larger fonts, but finally some sort of organization is great.
Wheezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:29 PM   #13
Snapply
Connoisseur

it must be awesome not having over 9000 pages of books to sort through
Old 04-30-2010, 07:46 PM   #14
Anarel
Evangelist

;_;

neither of those work for the US KDX.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:51 PM   #15
Snapply
Connoisseur

this is so frustrating seeing a file that is so close, but so completely useless