Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-20-2010, 08:33 AM   #16
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
The search on that site needs some real work. I tried searching for Steven Lake and was given pages and pages of non-applicable results. You can't even sort books by author.
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:20 AM   #17
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
I only found his books via an independent authors link on the main page
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:20 AM   #18
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
The search on that site needs some real work. I tried searching for Steven Lake and was given pages and pages of non-applicable results. You can't even sort books by author.
What he said. This is the most pathetic search engine I have ever encountered. You enter "Steven Lake" and choose "Search by author" and the entire first page of results are various books by authors with either Steven or Lake in their name, but no Steven Lake. Enclosing "Steven Lake" in quotes yields the same result. Typing Steven and Lake yields the same result.

Until you fix this your site is totally unusable and appears very amateurish.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:44 PM   #19
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Here ya go. Scroll down to the bottom.

http://www.ezread.com/meet.asp?id=1

Or you can go here.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80065
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:44 PM   #20
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
Thanks for the link! It still is pathetic that of the first four results when Stieg Larrson is typed in, only one is him. As I said, the search engine needs work. For any common name, like Steven Lake, it is totally unusable.

-Marcy
Old 06-20-2010, 07:17 PM   #21
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
I have the first book. It is the next two books I want to purchase. How does one do that.

They appear to be geo restricted, they cannot be added to the store card rather direct purchased via a credit card with must be US/CAn based.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:01 PM   #22
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
Thanks for the link! It still is pathetic that of the first four results when Stieg Larrson is typed in, only one is him. As I said, the search engine needs work. For any common name, like Steven Lake, it is totally unusable.

-Marcy
Cut them a little slack Marcy. They are pretty new to the ebookstore scene & are still working hard to get out the kinks in the site as well as other issues.

Since FW is going downhill fast, EZreads might become my main store for purchasing books.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:59 AM   #23
Marcy
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
Cut them a little slack Marcy. They are pretty new to the ebookstore scene & are still working hard to get out the kinks in the site as well as other issues.

Since FW is going downhill fast, EZreads might become my main store for purchasing books.
This is a very basic #1 priority for an ebookstore. If the search is useless and when entering "Joe Smith" I am given 100+ pages where Joe Smith might or might not appear, I'm not going to sit and sift through them all, I'm going to go look for the book elsewhere.

Any website developer should know this. Not having quotes or boolean operators work on this pathetic search is near-criminal! My programming skills are weak at best and learned from a PHP/SQL book, but I was able to implement "exact phrase" in my pathetic little non-commercial website.

Example of how non-viable this search is: Type James Patterson in the author search. You get over 96 pages of results. The popular James Patterson doesn't appear at all on the first two pages, which is as far as I was willing to search. What customer is going to be bothered to wade through that?

-Marcy
Old 06-23-2010, 07:56 PM   #24
JordanRHughes
Banned
JordanRHughes began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks a bunch for the links. Awesome.

Cheers.

Jordan.
JordanRHughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:58 PM   #25
JordanRHughes
Banned
JordanRHughes began at the beginning.

Device: none
Google also has a great ebook search engine.

mostly free and reviews of other books.

Good luck
JordanRHughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:40 PM   #26
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
FYI in case anyone's interested, even though I think RobertB already announced this, books 2 and 3 of the Earthfleet series are available on EZread.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 02:06 AM   #27
Marcy
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lake View Post
FYI in case anyone's interested, even though I think RobertB already announced this, books 2 and 3 of the Earthfleet series are available on EZread.
Are you sure? Because, as I previously mentioned, typing Steven Lake in author search yields nothing.

Typing Destiny's Mission into title search yields a lot of results, but nothing on the first 3 pages of results is your book.

Your "Meet the Author" page only has The Oort Perimeter for download. And if you type simply oort into title search you are given *NO* results. Typing oort perimeter yields four results, none of which are your book.

As I've said, this site is unusable.

-Marcy
Old 07-03-2010, 07:40 AM   #28
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
It's under a different section than the regular titles. Go to the left, click on "Books from independent authors" and mine will be the first three entries.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:23 AM   #29
markbond1007
Connoisseur
markbond1007 doesn't littermarkbond1007 doesn't litter

Device: CyBook Gen3, Sony PRS-600
if you read their FAQ it says you cannot purchase whilst outside the US so yes they are geo-restricted..
markbond1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:38 AM   #30
Marcy
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lake View Post
It's under a different section than the regular titles. Go to the left, click on "Books from independent authors" and mine will be the first three entries.
Oh. I had tried that. Unfortunately you have to be logged in to the site to even see those books. And since I haven't registered, I can't see them.

Another incredibly poor piece of site design. Forcing people to register just to *see* your wares is ridiculous. Most people will just turn away not even knowing what they've missed.

-Marcy