Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 02-24-2010, 10:14 AM   #1
CCampbell202
CCampbell202 began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro
Bragging Rights!

A gentleman who works in my building but not in my department came by asking if I had a USB cable. He was trying to connect his Sony 303 reader to his computer for some various reason. Since I normally keep a USB cable connected to my machine for my Pocket Pro, Blackberry, GPS or any other gadget that uses one, I let him borrow mine. I also told him that when he got back I would show him my reader. When he got back I showed him the Pocket Pro. He seemed surprise by how light it was once he had it in his hands. But after I told him that my reader came with the case, tool, option to change my own battery, USB cable, wall plug, headphones, and that my reader supports 20 formats, plays MP3s, reads audio books and translates text to speech he was most impressed. Thanks Astak. You made me look good! I got the better product for a cheaper price!
CCampbell202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:04 AM   #2
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Shhhh! It's supposed to be a secret!
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2010, 11:14 AM   #3
loveangel
Banned
loveangel began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
YA REALLY
loveangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:34 PM   #4
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Has to be hush-hush!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCampbell202 View Post
A gentleman who works in my building but not in my department came by asking if I had a USB cable. He was trying to connect his Sony 303 reader to his computer for some various reason. Since I normally keep a USB cable connected to my machine for my Pocket Pro, Blackberry, GPS or any other gadget that uses one, I let him borrow mine. I also told him that when he got back I would show him my reader. When he got back I showed him the Pocket Pro. He seemed surprise by how light it was once he had it in his hands. But after I told him that my reader came with the case, tool, option to change my own battery, USB cable, wall plug, headphones, and that my reader supports 20 formats, plays MP3s, reads audio books and translates text to speech he was most impressed. Thanks Astak. You made me look good! I got the better product for a cheaper price!
Dear CCampbell:

Yes, for God's sake do not let others know about the Pocket PRO. It has to be the besy-kept secret since Atilla the Hun went in a Gay Bar (no offence meant to Atilla or any orientation).

IF Astak keeps selling like we are now, without any advertising, these Pocket PROs could make Collector Status.

Seriously, I am very grateful that you won the Battle-of-the-Office!! I get the same reaction when I am on a plane. IF I could get these out and seen by enough people they would be a major hit!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:37 PM   #5
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Loveangel: join our happy band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveangel View Post
YA REALLY
Dear Loveangel:

Even though you own a Kindle, welcome to the Astak Dedicated Forum. We are happy you are here. Maybe we can convert you!!

Seriously, I am glad that you are here!!
Advert
Old 02-24-2010, 12:40 PM   #6
Robertb

OH, I LOVE your banner in your signature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
Dear Acreo Aeneas:

I just noted your plug for the Pocket PRO in your signature!! Thank you!! I am grateful!!
Old 02-25-2010, 01:16 AM   #7
AlexGrant
Electronic R&D Engineer
AlexGrant began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO 5"
You are not trying to sell your products

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
IF Astak keeps selling like we are now, without any advertising, these Pocket PROs could make Collector Status.
Sell thru Newegg. They are our of Pro 5" white and black colors. Only pink and blue left. I will rather buy from them. Your website looks bad: too much flash, and no info. Hire a SMART webdesigner to remodel your website.
AlexGrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:00 PM   #8
Robertb

Newegg showing all colors in stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGrant View Post
Sell thru Newegg. They are our of Pro 5" white and black colors. Only pink and blue left. I will rather buy from them. Your website looks bad: too much flash, and no info. Hire a SMART webdesigner to remodel your website.
Dear Alex:

Newegg is showing all colors in stock now. We know we did restock them.

IF you do not like flash, you can use: www.TheEZreader.com/html. That has no flash at all.

Did you go under "support" on that website? It has a lot of information. If anybody needs more info, they can also go to my blog: www.robertbEZ.blogspot.com.

I am sorry that you do not like the website. We are going to redesign it!
Old 02-27-2010, 12:48 AM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I don't know... if he had a Sony 303 who knows what feature that new yet to be release model has. It might even have an equalizer... now that would be something!!!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:05 PM   #10
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Acreo Aeneas:

I just noted your plug for the Pocket PRO in your signature!! Thank you!! I am grateful!!
I just put 2 and 2 together.
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:29 AM   #11
SimonSays
No wire hangers, ever!
SimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-300
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGrant View Post
WHAT?!! I can't believe all the stuff that does compared to my 199 Sony reader Why haven't I seen this Pocket Pro anywhere around here? Damn.. hubby is going to be mad if I ask for the Pocket Pro when he just got me the Sony 300 last month (which I have only be dl books for and haven't transfered them yet )
SimonSays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:57 AM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonSays View Post
WHAT?!! I can't believe all the stuff that does compared to my 199 Sony reader Why haven't I seen this Pocket Pro anywhere around here? Damn.. hubby is going to be mad if I ask for the Pocket Pro when he just got me the Sony 300 last month (which I have only be dl books for and haven't transfered them yet )
You're really not missing out. Who cares how many formats it supports?... the Sony supports the most popular format that most ebooks stores carry. That's the important thing... can you get the books you want to read for your reader?

BOb
Old 03-01-2010, 11:10 AM   #13
SimonSays
No wire hangers, ever!
SimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-300
Yeah, I can. But having something that plays mp3 so I can download all of these audio books my library insists on carrying, more than what they have for eBOOKS, would be nice
SimonSays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:21 AM   #14
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonSays View Post
Yeah, I can. But having something that plays mp3 so I can download all of these audio books my library insists on carrying, more than what they have for eBOOKS, would be nice
I guess... but I much prefer an MP3 player for this. They are much smaller and you can pocket them while listening. Rather than spending $200 on another ereader just to be able to play MP3s... you can get an MP3 player for less if you want. An iPod nano is $149 and the battery will last much longer. There are less expensive MP3 players too.

BOb
Old 03-01-2010, 11:59 AM   #15
Xochipilli2012
Zealot
Xochipilli2012 began at the beginning.

Device: Red PRS-600, Slate Blue Astak EZReader Pocket Pro
enjoying what we have...

Hey SimonSays: I don't own the PRS-300, but I hear it's really, really nice. I definitely considered getting one as a backup to my PRS-600 (which I adore). I went with an Astak to change things up a bit. (Plus, how can you not be curious about Astak devices when confronted with the fanatical enthusiasm displayed on this forum? )

My Slate Blue PP is due to arrive tomorrow (yay!) after which I'll be better able to comment about it.

pilotbob: While I tend to agree with you on the MP3 player angle, I suggest that formats can matter, amongst many, many other factors. It all depends on the user, n'est-ce pas?

Being able to order a book from Amazon and start reading it when you're riding the bus home from work is very, very cool. But as I'm mostly interested in reading work-related materials in PDF, along with the thousands of classic, public domain titles that are available, the Kindles don't have as much appeal for me. I bought the PRS-600 because it accommodates both these needs extremely well.

For now, if I want to buy a book, some tree's gonna take a hit. I would also argue that the overall reading experience matters. Things as simple as how to turn pages, bookmark, screen quality (glare, contrast, etc.) all contribute. I don't know how the Astak compares as I've never seen one in person. But I suspect there are going to be things about it that I will like that the Sony doesn't offer, and vice versa. I predict it will be a lot of fun owning both.

There's always going to be a "better reader" out there, if one is willing to pay for it. That's why it's a good idea to appreciate what we have, until we're in a position to make a change. No sense getting anxious about it. (Although I know SimonSays was just being playful!)

Enjoy!
Xochipilli2012 is offline   Reply With Quote