Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-09-2010, 08:33 AM   #1
thread314
thread314 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Getting Full Content from Partial Content Feeds

Hi,

I've been playing around with recipes through Calibre - such an amazing programme, I'm loving it.

One problem I keep coming up against - however - is partial content feeds. For some you can make a simple manipulation of the the url (for instance, adding '?pagemode=print' as in the Freakonomics blog). However many feeds do not have print versions, or there are not easily accessible by this method.

For most (all?) partial content feeds, the full content can be found by clicking the link in the title of the entry. This will take one to the full article. I feel intuitively this should be a simple enough thing to do, however I have been playing around trying find a way and been unsuccessful (I have to admit, I am entirely amateur when it comes to Python).

Is this do-able?

Forgive me if this has been discussed elsewhere, I did search but came up with nothing.

Regards.
thread314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:10 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm not sure I understand. Do you mean the RSS feed itself has partial content or the article linked to by the feed has partial content?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2010, 06:14 PM   #3
thread314

The rss feed itself is partial content, but the article linked to has full content. So I'm wonderig how to have calibre retrieve the content from the linked to article, rather than the rss entry itself.

Also, thanks for your reply. (I don't think I've ever posted a question about a software and had the creator themselves reply!)
Old 02-10-2010, 06:53 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
embedded_content = False
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:45 PM   #5
thread314

worked a charm, thank you
Advert
Old 05-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #6
vietchovui
Zealot
vietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS T1, Kobo Forma 8G, Kobo Libra H2O
I have prob with this feed: http://tuanvietnam.net/home/rss
The article title in the feed is something like this http://tuanvietnam.vietnamnet.vn/XYZ
but the actual article link is http://tuanvietnam.net/XYZ. So, what can I do to make calibre work with this feed?
Attached Files
File Type: txt TuanVietNam_25.recipe.txt (245 Bytes, 207 views)
vietchovui is offline   Reply With Quote