Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-05-2008, 12:41 PM   #1
CTH
Zealot
CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Iriver Book 1 & 2

Nothing really new, but today i just poped up in my mind that I havent heard anything about iRivers ebook that was introduced at CES 2007, so I googled a little bit and came up with this article

http://asia.cnet.com/blogs/digihunte...tm?id=63007732

Nothing new but the writer has a point that almost all the devices that iRiver introduced at CES 2007 has been released by now. And we all know that 2009will be the year of the ereaders (or was that this year...)

The only thing that I havent heard about before was that the iRiver book 1 was supposed to have a colour screen.

Well something to look forward to at CES 2009 I guess.

And have I posted in the right section? Does old news belong in the news section ?

Last edited by CTH; 12-05-2008 at 01:08 PM.
CTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:38 PM   #2
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I like the idea of ebook reader with two screens...just imagined Kindle with 2 screens
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2008, 01:25 PM   #3
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
I bought my iLiad so that I WOULDN'T have to hold it open.

Unless you can make the whole device thinner than my iLiad, able to use one screen, and able to fold inside out.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 01:29 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I went looking for more information. Do you know that those pictures are from January 2007? Since we haven't heard anything in 2 years, the devices probably were not developed.

Drat.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:42 PM   #5
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
I like the idea of ebook reader with two screens...just imagined Kindle with 2 screens
Panasonic had such a device called ΣBook (SigmaBook). It wasn't terribly popular.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2008, 10:23 PM   #6
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Panasonic had such a device called ΣBook (SigmaBook). It wasn't terribly popular.
They didn't make it for US Market the same as Sony didn't sell Sony eBook readers in Japan.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:07 PM   #7
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
According to Engadget, iriver Japan's new offering is a Netronix reader.

Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:16 AM   #8
dschill
Connoisseur
dschill began at the beginning.

Device: none
hmm a kindle with 2 screens..the possibilitys
dschill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:25 PM   #9
KindleKat
Connoisseur
KindleKat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I just saw that article on engadget about the iriver japan reader, looks pretty interesting
KindleKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:37 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleKat View Post
I just saw that article on engadget about the iriver japan reader, looks pretty interesting
It's a CyBook for the most part.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote