Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 06-19-2008, 03:18 AM   #1
greeny
greeny began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Finally took the plunge

Hi All, I just wanted to let you all know that after a couple of months of messing about I decided to take the plunge and buy a Cybook. After reading several threads here I really didn't want to wait 10 days for delivery of my new toy. I ended up using http://www.e-readers.co.uk/ to order the device and it arrived next day - brilliant service and very knowlegeable on the phone. I have just got to say how very pleased I am with the Cybook. I only want to read books (don't need a touch screen etc) and have managed to read one already (I can't seem to put the damned thing down ) It is so far been flawless in its use and I think I'll be spending some money on ebooks

I'd like to thank all the advice that has been given on this forum and look forward to maybe contributing myself

Last edited by greeny; 06-19-2008 at 05:04 AM.
greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:38 AM   #2
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Happy reading!
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2008, 05:04 AM   #3
greeny

Many thanks Mindy.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:39 AM   #4
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
congrats - i hope you have as much fun reading with yours as i'm having with mine
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:06 AM   #5
tzutolin
Connoisseur
tzutolin began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
congrats man, i hope you enjoy it. i'm still waiting mine, and *hopefully* it will come within 1 week.

Happy reading
tzutolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2008, 09:25 AM   #6
greeny

Thanks guys, I am really enjoying it. I can't believe how easy it was to adjust to it. After about 10mins, I forgot it was electronic. Just waiting on my case (hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow) so I wont be so paranoid about the screen :-)
Old 06-20-2008, 12:53 AM   #7
Duodora
Enthusiast
Duodora began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook!
Haha congrats

Be prepared to spend a lot of money on ebooks It's all too easy to venture from checking your email, to browsing for ebooks to whoops I just bought several! Enjoy!
Duodora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:04 AM   #8
Joerg_Mosthaf
Connoisseur
Joerg_Mosthaf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2i, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duodora View Post
Be prepared to spend a lot of money on ebooks It's all too easy to venture from checking your email, to browsing for ebooks to whoops I just bought several! Enjoy!
AMEN! I just spent over 20$ to get all the available Man-Kzin-Wars Books on Baen because I remembered reading "Ringworld". Now if only I could get those books as eBooks ...

So have fun with your new (or newly aggravated ) addiction ...
Joerg_Mosthaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:42 AM   #9
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duodora View Post
There are so many now-in-public-domain books I have not read (and wish to), that I still haven't spent a single cent in eBooks, and already have reading material for several years (mainly thanks to the eBooks posted in this forums).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote