Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #1186
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post

It's just 'ships', not relationships. Apparently I couldn't be bothered to type that much that day.
Code:
[www.libraryofmoria.com]
is_adult:true
include_in_ships: category
I tried this code and nothing happened. I am still not seeing the information appear in my custom column (#pairing). In the custom column settings I have this set to accept relationships values. I tried updating the metadata, overwriting the story, and deleting and re-adding the story.

Quote:
That will also include "Lord of the Rings" and FPS, RPS, etc in your ships column. You could use replace_metadata to remove items without '/' in them, I expect.
I was planning on using replace_metadata once I was able to fill the correct column with the data.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:25 PM   #1187
FaceDeer
Connoisseur
FaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Touch
I've just noticed FFDL is stripping out author's notes while reading Chapter 12 of Nyx's Family, in which the author's notes were used to hold footnote text. Is there a way I can tell FFDL not to do that?
Advert
Old 02-07-2013, 11:10 PM   #1188
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Aislin View Post
I tried this code and nothing happened. I am still not seeing the information appear in my custom column (#pairing). In the custom column settings I have this set to accept relationships values.
This works fine for me.
Code:
[www.libraryofmoria.com]
custom_columns_settings:
 ships=>#acolumn,r
Check that you have 'ships', not relationships and the necessary space in front of each line of custom_columns_settings.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:29 PM   #1189
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceDeer View Post
I've just noticed FFDL is stripping out author's notes while reading Chapter 12 of Nyx's Family, in which the author's notes were used to hold footnote text. Is there a way I can tell FFDL not to do that?
Most sites don't have separate blocks for notes. But there's no reason not to include them, I suppose.

Give the attached version a try--it uses the next container tag up.

Especially try it with stories without author notes on the chapters and, if you know of any, with author notes at the top if fimfiction.net allows that. I don't read from fimfiction.net, so I don't have any stories on hand to test with.

UPDATE Feb 17, 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 02-17-2013 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 02-08-2013, 12:26 AM   #1190
FaceDeer
Connoisseur
FaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Touch
The special "Author's Note" block is apparently something that was added during the big site revamp, so they're still pretty rare. I'm sure I remember seeing some at the tops of stories before but I've not yet found any examples trolling back through my recent reads. I'll keep an eye out.

This chapter had another at the bottom, this chapter was nothing but an image and an author's note, the updated FFDL handled them all okay. I also tried a couple of stories without author comments and those worked okay too.

I see that the various div containers have nice unique class names, so should it be necessary I can even do some nice automatic reformatting in the future. Thanks! This is exactly what I was hoping for.
Advert
Old 02-08-2013, 02:17 AM   #1191
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
This works fine for me.
Code:
[www.libraryofmoria.com]
custom_columns_settings:
 ships=>#acolumn,r
Check that you have 'ships', not relationships and the necessary space in front of each line of custom_columns_settings.
That worked. I wasn't sure if I had to set the custom columns setting or not. I was able to set up my relationship column to have only the pairings.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of the ships in the column I usually use for category data. If I try to use replace_metadata in category, it gets changed in ships, which makes sense. Can I map a different metadata tag (one the site doesn't use) to the custom column (#fandom) I usually have set for category? Or is there a code to say that I don't want category set for that column?
Old 02-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #1192
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceDeer View Post
This chapter had another at the bottom, this chapter was nothing but an image and an author's note, the updated FFDL handled them all okay. I also tried a couple of stories without author comments and those worked okay too.
Okay, I'll include that change in the next version. Thanks for testing.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #1193
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Aislin View Post
Now I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of the ships in the column I usually use for category data. ...
Code:
[www.libraryofmoria.com]
extra_valid_entries:fixcategory
include_in_fixcategory:category

replace_metadata:
 ships=>^[^/]+$=>
 fixcategory=>^.*/.*$=>

custom_columns_settings:
 ships=>#acolumn,r
 fixcategory=>#dcolumn,r

## To put fixcategory in title_page and log_page:
fixcategory_label:Category
titlepage_entries: series,fixcategory,genre,language,characters,ships,status,datePublished,dateUpdated,dateCreated,rating,warnings,numChapters,numWords,site,description
logpage_entries: dateCreated,datePublished,dateUpdated,numChapters,numWords,status,title,author,description,fixcategory,genre,rating,warnings
Old 02-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #1194
Jade Aislin
Groupie

That code worked beautifully.

I did add lines to get rid of a few unwanted tags. Now that I have this code as an example, I should be able to handle if the issue comes up again.

Thank you for the help.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #1195
Jade Aislin
Groupie

I just started to download some stories from www.storiesofarda.com. However, I was confused when I didn't see my character column updating. I picked the stories by searching by character. Yet, when I looked at the html code I didn't see any metadata listed as character, although I'm not sure where to look on the page. If anyone is familiar with this site, I'd like to know whether it does use characters to sort stories?
Old 02-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #1196
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I don't see any character metadata exposed on the story page itself unfortunately. You might be able to talk the site administrators into changing that.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:02 PM   #1197
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

FYI,

I've posted a test version of EpubMerge that may be of interest to greeniron and other users who want a better way to deal with anthologies of stories.

It contains a feature to allow merged epubs to automatically be UnMerged to their original epubs again. These can then be updated with FFDL before merging back together again. It's still a several step process, but it's an improvement.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...08#post2418308

I have plans to integrate this with FFDL for a better user experience, but this is the first step.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #1198
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Hey there Jimm, just dropping by again and letting you know that your efforts are still very much appreciated! If you consider donations I would be one of the first to donate as soon as I have some money (alas the life of a student doesn't allow much in that regard).

I would also be happy to help out from time to time, i.e. forking/comitting bugfixes etc. or new site adapters, but I would have to get more familiar with the source code again and possibly with Mercurial (this is partly why I suggested that you switch to Bitbucket or even GitHub actually). We'll have to see !

Last edited by cryzed; 02-10-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #1199
Jade Aislin
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryzed View Post
I don't see any character metadata exposed on the story page itself unfortunately. You might be able to talk the site administrators into changing that.
That's what I thought. Thanks.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #1200
Jade Aislin
Groupie

I've started working on getting stories from www.henneth-annun.net (I've been playing Lego's LOTR, so I'm on a LOTR kick.) I ran into the same problem I had with Library of Moria, tags in the wrong column. I was able to get the tags I wanted in the new column, but I cannot figure out how to get rid of them in the first column.

I've tried a number of different ways to have the code, including changing one extra valid entry from fixcategory to fixcategory2, in case there was a problem with using that extra entry earlier.
Code:
[www.henneth-annun.net] extra_valid_entries:fixcategory2
 extra_valid_entries:timeframe
 include_in_fixcategory2:category
 include_in_timeframe:category

replace_metadata:
   timeframe=>The Hobbit=>
This part worked. However, when I tried to restrict what went through for my other entry, I could not get it to work. Even when I typed out exactly what to look for. I tried all of these codes individually, without the #.

Code:
 #fixcategory2=>^.*Age.*$=> 
 #fixcategory2=>^.*(Age).*$=>

#fixcategory2=>^.*\-.*$=>
 #fixcategory2=>^.*-.*$=>

#fixcategory2=>^(Time of the Trees|Akallabêth/Last Alliance|Other)$=>
 #fixcategory2=>Other=>
I've spent the past couple days trying to work this out on my own. Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong?
Closed Thread