Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-14-2011, 01:51 PM   #16
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_D View Post
This sort of thing never fails to astound me. Nowadays, with things like copyscape, it has never been so easy to detect plagiarism, and yet it seems to be so rife, given the number of recent high-profile cases.

As a writer myself, I find it particularly grating that there are so many people out there stealing other people's hard work to make a quick buck.
Yes but the fact that so much content is now available as digital files makes it extremely easy to plagiarize.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:12 PM   #17
Conor
Groupie
Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by covfam View Post
too me it seams like it would be more effort and time consuming to cherry pick passaged of various authers and piece them together into a coherent story than it would to write your own <shrugs>
I had the same thought.
Conor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2011, 05:20 PM   #18
Conor
Groupie
Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
Good thing the Nigerian I have been doing business with is an ex-pat prince! He assures me that any day now I'll be getting that huge sum of money in my account!
Scambaiting can be fun, but it's not a good idea to do it from your real life email address. Scammers are ruthless criminals with no sense of humour. Set up a free email address and reply from that. They never notice. And join 419Eater.
Conor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:39 AM   #19
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
Yes but the fact that so much content is now available as digital files makes it extremely easy to plagiarize.
Digital or not, you still have to find the content you want to rip off first, and that can be arguably more difficult now because you have more to wade through.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:47 AM   #20
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
Digital or not, you still have to find the content you want to rip off first, and that can be arguably more difficult now because you have more to wade through.
This is very true. The "author" seems to have waded through whats starting to look like a dozen different spy books to cobble his work together....with not an original thought in the bunch.
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert