Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-13-2010, 10:58 AM   #1
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
DecalGirl skins for Astak PocketPro

In case anyone's interested, DecalGirl has started making skins for the Pocket Pro due to my constant requests to include Astak to their production line. Unfortunately, they don't have the 6" device, which was what I wanted.

Still, it might be of interest to those of you who have the Pocket Pro or other Hanlin 5" devices.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:36 PM   #2
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
Oh WOW! Thanks, Citac!

These look incredible! thanks for fighting the good fight to get Astak decals! I am going to buy one as a Christmas present from me to me. I will also share this link with customers who have been asking for something like this.

Too many beautiful colors and options! I...can't...decide...
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2010, 09:13 PM   #3
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now I must see if they'll make skins for the 6" EZ Reader. I'm partial to Sarah Butcher designs, especially Quiet Time...
Old 12-14-2010, 01:09 AM   #4
kdf9511
Madman With A Box
kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glowlight, Nook Color, Kindle 4, Astak Pocket Pro
Those are really cool but if you keep it in the supplied cover it hides the best parts on the back.

I do wonder if they would make the peeling on mine a bit better.
kdf9511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:25 AM   #5
citac
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdf9511 View Post
Those are really cool but if you keep it in the supplied cover it hides the best parts on the back.

I was planning to take it out of the cover to show off the design. Now I have to wait until they can get their hands on a 6" model...
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 09:27 AM   #6
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Well done citac...Keep up the fight....nice to hear fellow Pocket pro and Ezreaders are still around..
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:07 PM   #7
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdf9511 View Post

This might be unusual, but I actually remove my reader from it's case whenever I read. No one at the office has yelled at me yet!

I just purchased this gorgeous design from the site: http://www.decalgirl.com/item.view/59473 I will upload some pictures when it comes in and do a little 'quality test'. I bet it's going to be fabulous.

As for peeling, I'm sure it would be a big help. I use my Pocket Pro for all kinds of things, including book club meetings, and I don't want to make EZ Read look bad with my dirty, over-loved reader!
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #8
spear
Connoisseur
spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
AAAAHHHHHH!

I like literally bought a skin for my PEZ last Friday from smirkabout, after failing to find one for the PEZ on decalgirl.....talk about bizarre timing.....
spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:32 PM   #9
citac
Fanatic

Jenifer, that is a lovely design, and I'm looking forward to the pictures. I sure hope I'll be able to post pictures of my own some time soon - I just have to be patient.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:35 PM   #10
citac
Fanatic

spear, sorry to hear that! Perhaps you can get one from DecalGirl some time later?
Old 12-15-2010, 05:30 AM   #11
dacattt
Connoisseur
dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Astak 6 EZ Reader Plus
I think all they need to let us order for the 6" device is the template.

It would really be nice is Astak made with a peace offering for their users... but contacting decal girl to find out what they need for specs... and then takes the time to send them their specs???

Just a thought.
dacattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:38 AM   #12
dacattt
Connoisseur
dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Astak 6 EZ Reader Plus
Oh, and about the 5" skin, I think it means they've been reading some of the nag notes I've sent them. I can't find my notes now, but I noticed they had one of the Hannon (?) that was identical to the 5", so... I sent them links from this site and from the manufacture that documented that.

I also send them links to what else the 6" format was called so that it might motivate them to add not just our invisible 6", but all the others that are the same template, just different names.

The trick is to find the right motivation.

I also tried a query on what it would take to get it custom, but got no reply back. Sigh.
dacattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:58 AM   #13
citac
Fanatic

The way they make their decals is hands-on work with the device, testing the skins to see how they fit. They trust only their own measurements. I've already sent links to the Hanvon and other devices, so they are aware of them. It's really just a matter of getting the device.

It takes them a while to answer email queries; the trick is to be patient!

Tags
decalgirl, pocket pro, skins