Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 07-08-2009, 09:27 AM   #91
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
God, this is fun stuff. I must keep up.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:47 PM   #92
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Puff, puff, huff, puff ... I'm back from a quick jaunt to Ontario. You may keep going now -- I have caught up with you! [ Don't ask. I just had to have a teensy small travel trailer ... just a bed & a galley .... http://godskid.ingodsfamily.com/Teardrop/ ]

Last edited by badgoodDeb; 07-15-2009 at 07:27 PM. Reason: new link; old one broke
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:14 PM   #93
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
This is possibly the best Harv and Vera story so far. And as for the nuts-n-bolts, very nice pacing, very nice dialog. Pshrynk, you seem to be developing a very agreeable style!

Does Vera suspect that Dr Montsmgs has a Jekyll/Hyde thing going on with an invisible gibbon?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:16 PM   #94
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Puff, puff, huff, puff ... I'm back from a quick jaunt to Ontario. You may keep going now -- I have caught up with you! [ Don't ask. I just had to have a teensy small travel trailer ... just a bed & a galley .... http://gallery.me.com/lcater#100139 ]
It's cute!
Old 07-08-2009, 05:59 PM   #95
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Puff, puff, huff, puff ... I'm back from a quick jaunt to Ontario. You may keep going now -- I have caught up with you! [ Don't ask. I just had to have a teensy small travel trailer ... just a bed & a galley .... http://gallery.me.com/lcater#100139 ]
That is so cute!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:09 PM   #96
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
That is so cute!
See?? That's why I had to have it!!!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:41 PM   #97
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
That is a sweet little caravan.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:41 AM   #98
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
That is just soooo cute, Deb.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:27 AM   #99
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Vera unpacked her trunk for the three days from New Orleans to Havana. She'd had a bit of trouble with the purser trying to get Vivaldi aboard. For some reason, they had no sense of humor when it came to taking dogs from one country to another. Something about vaccinations and papers. She tried to tell them that he was perfectly well paper trained and all she needed was the discards from the lounge to keep him happy. They had refused her entrance.

Finally, she had stormed off in a huff and returned twenty minutes later sans dog. They had asked her where the dog was, and she had informed them that she had eaten him and could she now please get on the ship? They had looked at her funny and then stood back, giving her a wide berth as she stormed up the gangplank. The porter carting her trunk was obvioulsy scared until she informed him that she did not eat humans, just dogs and pursers.

She opened up the drawer at the bottom of her trunk and Vivaldi popped out, looking resentful. He promptly went to the foot of the bed and lifted his leg to let her know just what he thought of being unceremoniously crammed into the lingerie drawer of a steamer trunk, then curled up and went to sleep.

"It's going to be a long trip," she sighed.

She took out her deck of cards and idly dealt a round from both the top and bottom of the deck. Picking up the hands, she noted that she needed to practice a bit more, since none of the hands were at that "maybe a winner, but not sure" level she'd been going for. She wondered what Montsnmags was up to.

He had spent the remainder of the trip down the MIssissippi locked away in his cabin, not even bothering to acknowledge the steward's knock at his door with meals. Strange sounds were often heard to come from the interior. Then, he had emerged the night before getting to new Orleans, fresh as a daisy and talking non-stop. Except for the numerous pauses, of course.

Vera was seriously beginning to wonder about his sanity.

Last edited by pshrynk; 09-25-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:44 PM   #100
DixieGal
Hi There!

Get back on topic, Pshrynk, that had nothing to do with cute little campers.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #101
DixieGal
Hi There!

I don't think VR is going to be happy to be portrayed in such an uncouth light. In real life, he would never do anything like that. In fact, I'm pretty sure he would be perfectly happy rolling around in women's underwear.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #102
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
she's only *now* beginning to wonder about his sanity ?? sheesh, hasn't she been paying attention ????
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #103
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I don't think VR is going to be happy to be portrayed in such an uncouth light. In real life, he would never do anything like that. In fact, I'm pretty sure he would be perfectly happy rolling around in women's underwear.
V's just a puppy here. Still in that phase where girls are "icky."

Last edited by pshrynk; 09-25-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:48 PM   #104
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
H's just a puppy here. Still in that phase where girls are "icky."
Now it seems reasonable. Thanks for the clarification!!
Old 07-10-2009, 03:33 PM   #105
pshrynk

In a quiet cantina, far back in the barrios of Havana, a man walked up to the bar. "I need some matches," he said.

"Here you go," said the bartender, sliding a box across the counter.

"No... I need some matches!"

"And there you go!" said the bartender.

"Isn't this the Blue Mongoose Cantina?" asked the man.

"No, this is the Aqua Mongoose Cantina. The Blue Mongoose is across the street and down two doors."

"Right. My fault completely!" The man left the cantina, muttering about the lack of real difference between "blue" and "aqua," especially in a basically illiterate society.

The bartender motioned one of his patrons over to the bar. "Go tell the gate guard at the American Embassy that the Frenchman has arrived."

Tags
wait, what?, when_harv_met_vera