Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-13-2008, 10:28 AM   #16
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
you know, you can actually make popcorn in a really big pot on the stove. or in fact in the microwave. i googled it once and found literally dozens (possible hundreds) of methods / recipes, including more than one requiring only a paper sack and a microwave.

(you're welcome. )
Thank you, but we always have a bunch of Microwave Popcorn packs at home. But once in a while I would like to be able to make whole "buckets" of popcorn and just sit in my bathtub and pour butter all over myself whil..... errr.... did I just type that?
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:29 AM   #17
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Thank you, but we always have a bunch of Microwave Popcorn packs at home. But once in a while I would like to be able to make whole "buckets" of popcorn and just sit in my bathtub and pour butter all over myself whil..... errr.... did I just type that?
!!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:29 AM   #18
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
You know if there was such a thing as dog nip...
VR on dog nip? Eeek, that would be like ... ummm.. Marc on Zany Carters or something.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:30 AM   #19
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
you know, you can actually make popcorn in a really big pot on the stove. or in fact in the microwave. i googled it once and found literally dozens (possible hundreds) of methods / recipes, including more than one requiring only a paper sack and a microwave.

(you're welcome. )
And it really, really works.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:31 AM   #20
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Off topic in one post, three on-topic posts on the first page, total.

huh.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:33 AM   #21
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Off topic in one post, three on-topic posts on the first page, total.

huh.
Well, you should know better than to post this under Silliness if you wanted it to stay on topic
Old 11-13-2008, 10:33 AM   #22
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
I'd like a Paris postcard from Queen Z. for Christmas....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:34 AM   #23
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Well, you should know better than to post this under Silliness if you wanted it to stay on topic
this is pshynk's thread. why on earth would you assume he wanted it to stay on topic ?
Old 11-13-2008, 10:37 AM   #24
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
We had an air popper from the '70s. I brought it with me when I married Tim. Finally got rid of it a year or so ago, for the simple reason that you can hardly find bags of loose popcorn anymore. Whole grocery aisles devoted to the microwave stuff, so there's no need to portion it out anymore, I suppose.

But a big hot bowl of air popped corn, dowsed in melted butter (not margarine), and lots of extra salt used to be so tasty!

(I haven't had a single kernel since falling down a flight of stairs and breaking my face in Spain in May '07. My newly rebuilt teeth, gums, jaws, nose, and eye socket can't handle the hard parts of popcorn. The craving is torture!)
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:39 AM   #25
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
We had an air popper from the '70s. I brought it with me when I married Tim. Finally got rid of it a year or so ago, for the simple reason that you can hardly find bags of loose popcorn anymore. Whole grocery aisles devoted to the microwave stuff, so there's no need to portion it out anymore, I suppose.

But a big hot bowl of air popped corn, dowsed in melted butter (not margarine), and lots of extra salt used to be so tasty!

(I haven't had a single kernel since falling down a flight of stairs and breaking my face in Spain in May '07. My newly rebuilt teeth, gums, jaws, nose, and eye socket can't handle the hard parts of popcorn. The craving is torture!)
Ah, but the kernels that is the last thing left on the bottom of the bowl when you've eaten all the popcorn is the best of them all! So I sympathise deeply with your cravings
Old 11-13-2008, 10:40 AM   #26
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
OK, back on topic. sigh

I also want what just popped into the adsense bar up top! It is an ad for something to de-jelly my belly. Santa needs that also, since his belly shakes when he laughs like a bowlful of jelly.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:41 AM   #27
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
this is pshynk's thread. why on earth would you assume he wanted it to stay on topic ?
Just observing...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:44 AM   #28
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I'm wishing for more Vera stories for Christmas - all multi-episode adventures. Let's see. One with some nice squid would be nice. Another in orbit would be good. One down deep. Another steamy one in the kitchen would be good. And there should be pastry. Lots of pastry. And the occasional capuccino. And maybe The Blue One, Next To The Fish in a cameo appearance.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:57 AM   #29
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I'm wishing for more Vera stories for Christmas - all multi-episode adventures. Let's see. One with some nice squid would be nice. Another in orbit would be good. One down deep. Another steamy one in the kitchen would be good. And there should be pastry. Lots of pastry. And the occasional capuccino. And maybe The Blue One, Next To The Fish in a cameo appearance.
that's what i want for christmas too.

i'd also like more of the Continuing Adventures of Hugo and Lefty.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:11 PM   #30
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Looking around a bit, I have a few ideas:

BookishDreamer: a box of crayons (her avatar is looking a bit pale, at the moment).
bgDeb: a new towel (a little smaller?)
pshwynk: a real model seaplane (no, not a BMW)
DixieGal: a full banana split
Slite: a great big, wet, slobbery doggie kiss
Queen Zee: ditto
RSE: a second floor

What say ye?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
unutterable silliness