Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #31
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
Light blue where I live.
Dark blue where I work, but to gain access to the store I have to enable wireless.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #32
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Dark purple 3G
Light Purple crappier "most slow" edge connection.

IIRC it is an O2 provisioned service. So pretty much if an O2 moby works then your kindle will work.
No, Amazon use Vodafone in the UK.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:34 PM   #33
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
Vodafone claim the same as O2,
Slow where I live, fast where I work.
Still nada.

Oh and amazon.co.uk's help pages:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cust...04420#coverage
links to:
http://client0.cellmaps.com/viewer.html?cov=2&view=intl

Which is obviously the same as the O2 map linked above.

Oh and it looks like they've discontinued it:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ls_o05_s00_i01

Last edited by Akirainblack; 09-11-2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Found the direct link from Amazon.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #34
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"Currently Unavailable" probably just means "out of stock". It's happened before.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #35
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
"Currently Unavailable" probably just means "out of stock". It's happened before.
Yup, and they are not only "out of stock" in the US, they don't even get an honorable mention in the Kindle Store.

You K5 owners how own a piece of computer history.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #36
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

The reason I doubt they're discontinued is that the Touch is still being sold in all the Kindle stores outside the US. I may of course be wrong - time will tell .
Old 09-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #37
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@HarryT: The Touch 3G has disappeared from Amazon.fr, and seems to be out-of-stock/unreachable in other localized KS. (But the wifi version, yup, still there & in stock).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #38
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Perhaps my Touch 3G will become a collector's item .
Old 09-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #39
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Perhaps my Touch 3G will become a collector's item .
Could be. I can't even find a placeholder for the K5 on the U.S. site. I don't even see where the refurbs are being sold...they should be somewhere.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #40
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Here's where to buy them in Germany

Here's a link for those of you in Germany (or all of EU?) who want to buy one:
http://www.mexxbooks.de/ereader-buch...preisgestutzt/

It's not totally clear from the description, but since there is no mention of SO, the devices are likely to be regular (non-SO) ones. I had bought my current Kindle Touch (with SO, and that was clearly stated) from Mexxbooks in November 2011 without much trouble (except for a rather long wait for it to be shipped because of capacity issues), so I personally recommend them. And the prices are fair.

There are no strings attached, except that you agree that they may send you a weekly newsletter for the duration of one year (though I never received one ). This is not a huge company, but rather a bunch of enthusiasts, so I don't know how well they can cater for non-german speaking folks, or whether they ship to other countries. It's probably easiest to just send them an e-mail and ask.

Edit: Note that the offer is currently limited until tomorrow, September 15 (or as long as "supplies" last, whichever comes first).

Last edited by ixtab; 09-14-2012 at 01:26 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #41
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
Could be. I can't even find a placeholder for the K5 on the U.S. site. I don't even see where the refurbs are being sold...they should be somewhere.
Certified Refurbished Kindle Touch 3G (now in stock) $129USD:
http://www.amazon.com/sale-deals-Kin...dp/B007TMXNQU/

Non-3G units are currently out of stock.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #42
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
We are to be succoured with a kindle fire launch . cheap too...

well. there you go.

And why, oh why, did Amazon get everybody exited with pictures of the kindle fires on thier website and then write in small print right at the bottom of the webpage "coming in october."

WHAT IS THE POINT OF ADVERTISING A KINDLE IN YOUR FACE WHENEVER YOU GO ON THE AMAZON WEBSITE IF THEY'RE ONLY GOING TO RELEASE IT IN AMERICA DON'T THEY REALISE THAT THEY MIGHY GET MORE SALES IF THEY SELL IT ALL OVER THE WORLD ARE THEY STUPID

Yes, I am talking to the director of prattiness at Amazon.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #43
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Quote:
Perhaps the Touch 3G will become a collector's item .
Canty the collector!
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote