Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-11-2014, 01:46 PM   #23791
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
You just got that? I have been following Thailand since you moved there and the papers are pretty clear that there is a lot going on there. I figured you were ok since you keep posting and don't comment on it.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:37 PM   #23792
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
And locally as well?
We had three grenades go off last week, two of them a few blocks from my house, but no real concerted efforts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
You just got that? I have been following Thailand since you moved there and the papers are pretty clear that there is a lot going on there. I figured you were ok since you keep posting and don't comment on it.
I'm not an alarmist. While bullets and bombs are not my favorite companions, I don't get in a frenzy when they go off. I just keep my head down and my eyes open. I don't take it personally. I know a bit about staying alive in combat zones, having lived in them before, so for me, it's just 'life goes on.' Many ex-pats are packing up and moving back to their home countries. I choose to stay.

The south has been a Muslim stronghold ever since the re-alignment of the southern border resulted in taking land away from Malaysia. In the past several years the activists have been much more aggressive, with random bombings occurring every week or so attacking local schools and hospitals. Still not anything like what has been happening in the past few months, with frequent attacks on military and police installations too. The south has turned into a religious war zone. Now, adding to the Holy War aspect, the political schism that is affecting the more northern provinces has added fuel to the fire too. Unfortunately, this is something that will begin to affect us more and more in the north as time goes by.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:37 AM   #23793
CRussel
Wizard
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Fire HDX 8.9, Fire HD8.9, Fire 7HD, Surface 2
Please do take care up there, Stitchawl. Things can get ugly quickly and it wouldn't be the same around here without your morning lyrics.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:31 AM   #23794
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
The kitties got a mouse and have spent about the last two hours terrorizing it. I tried to rescue it a few times but it was too fast when it was still relatively whole. They've either finally killed it and who knows where it is, our it's crawled off to die. More likely the former as Strider keeps jumping up on me, stomping on me with his back paws (think silver back chest thumping), flicking his tail about and dashing off. It seems I've become some part of a feline victory dance. It's happened about four times in the last thirty minutes. I think Arwen is back in the laundry room hunting again.
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:30 AM   #23795
CRussel
Wizard
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Fire HDX 8.9, Fire HD8.9, Fire 7HD, Surface 2
Quote:
The kitties got a mouse and have spent about the last two hours terrorizing it. I tried to rescue it a few times but it was too fast when it was still relatively whole. They've either finally killed it and who knows where it is, our it's crawled off to die. More likely the former as Strider keeps jumping up on me, stomping on me with his back paws (think silver back chest thumping), flicking his tail about and dashing off. It seems I've become some part of a feline victory dance. It's happened about four times in the last thirty minutes. I think Arwen is back in the laundry room hunting again.
The cats are doing their job and want to make sure you know and appreciate it! Just be glad they don't feel the need to bring the dead evidence up onto your bed to make sure you notice. A victory dance one can appreciate, but waking up to a dead mouse being deposited on the bed? I'll pass.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:57 AM   #23796
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
The cats are doing their job and want to make sure you know and appreciate it! Just be glad they don't feel the need to bring the dead evidence up onto your bed to make sure you notice. A victory dance one can appreciate, but waking up to a dead mouse being deposited on the bed? I'll pass.
Or going to the bathroom in the middle of the night only to step on mouse guts with bare feet.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:17 AM   #23797
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Caya brought me her prize to show me twice. She was stunned by my very stereotypical girlie reaction (dog carrying dead squirrel in mouth not good) and not happy when my father and husband went out to retrieve said dead animal. I believe she still finds things to kill but she takes them under the deck to eat only because she disappears and takes about 25-30 minutes to come when called sometimes. The only place for her to go is under the deck and we have caught her there a few times.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness