Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-09-2010, 04:50 AM   #1
gdaydigger
gdaydigger began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
How do I transfer library to new ereader?

Hi

I have a Sony PRS 600 but, for various reason am thinking about getting a new ereader (probably a Kobo). Most of my ebooks on the Sony are ePUB/pdf, half of which have been purchased from online stores (Kobo, Borders, Books on Board etc). Given ADE etc (which I don't really understand), how would I transfer my 100+ ebooks to a new machine?

I currently keep all my ebooks in the Sony Reader Library (which in turn are kept under My Documents-My Books-Reader Library on my Mac.

If I was to get a Kobo or a similar device, where should I keep/manage my ebooks given that the Reader Library will no longer be an option?

Any suggestions much appreciated.
gdaydigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:00 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Hi,

I've asked this thread to be re-positioned into a more useful forum Sony or Kobo ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2010, 06:02 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Hi,

I've asked this thread to be re-positioned into a more useful forum Sony or Kobo ....

Moved to a more appropriate area.

Thanks.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:08 AM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
If you can import your SONY library books into the ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, you can then drag them onto your Kobo. I know that both Sony and Kobo use the same ADE DRM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:58 AM   #5
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Once you authorize your Kobo (or other device) with ADE, ADE should be able to transfer them to the new device. (As long as you don't have too many devices authorized at once.)
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2010, 12:28 AM   #6
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
Once you authorize your Kobo (or other device) with ADE, ADE should be able to transfer them to the new device. (As long as you don't have too many devices authorized at once.)
What happens when you have too many devices authorized? Can you UNauthorize a device? Is there a way to tell how many devices you have authorized at any given time?
For example I have authorized my Kobo 3 times - my first Kobo which was replaced, the second Kobo and then the third time when I upgraded the firmware. So does ADE think I have 3 Kobos or 2 Kobos or does it know that I only have 1?
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:22 PM   #7
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyB View Post
What happens when you have too many devices authorized? Can you UNauthorize a device? Is there a way to tell how many devices you have authorized at any given time?
For example I have authorized my Kobo 3 times - my first Kobo which was replaced, the second Kobo and then the third time when I upgraded the firmware. So does ADE think I have 3 Kobos or 2 Kobos or does it know that I only have 1?
I *think* it's 6, after which you must call Adobe support to reset.
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:14 AM   #8
Nabber
Nabber began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
How do I authorize my Kobo with ADE????
Nabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:03 AM   #9
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabber View Post
How do I authorize my Kobo with ADE????

1. Plug in kobo.
2. Start ADE.
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote