Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-10-2013, 10:34 PM   #1
johneverson
Zealot
johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad
VIGILANTES OF LOVE - "Magical" tales of Fantasy and the Macabre on sale for $0.99

The 10th Anniversary Edition of my second fantasy and horror short fiction collection Vigilantes of Love launched this month, and for a limited introductory time, the ebook edition is just 99 cents!

The new edition of Vigilantes of Love has been expanded from 15 to 21 stories -- it now includes six stories that were cut from the original 2003 print edition due to space. It also has a new Preface and a re-imagined cover (keeping some of the original's elements, but radically improving the impact, I think!)

One of the reader reviews of the original edition said this about the book, which I think is a pretty good description for this collection of (now) 21 tales:

"Vigilantes of Love is a collection that is full of magic. Some of it gentle, some of it dark, but almost all of it lyrical and affecting. The stories here are written with a sure hand, they flow naturally and aren't overwritten. The writing is stylish and almost poetic at times, but always accessible. Even when he is writing about truly horrible things, there is always a beauty to the tales."

Another reviewer said:
"There are several stories in Vigilantes of Love that I would consider not only above average, but superb. Quite simply, they are among the most enjoyable short stories that I have read in the past few years. Everson managed to put an emotional spin into these tales that affected me so deeply that I paused for awhile after reading each one. And it was not because any of these stories were overly intense, in fact, I thought their approach subtle, but still, they managed to pack one heck of a punch."

The leadoff story, "Calling of the Moon," was on the Honorable Mention list of the Year's Best Fantasy & Horror anthology the year it was released, and "Lovesong," was a finalist in the World Horror Convention short fiction contest. Other stories like "The Right Instrument," "Preserve," and "After the Fifth Step" have been staples of my live reading repertoire for years.

Here is the link to the book on Amazon:

www.amazon.com/Vigilantes-of-Love-ebook/dp/B004FEFAIY

Last edited by johneverson; 07-13-2015 at 09:14 PM.
johneverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
johneverson
Zealot
johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Vigilantes of Love, went back to its normal price of $2.99 last week... and almost immediately, Amazon put it back on sale for $0.99! I don't know why, or how long they're keeping it there, so take a peek!

Vigilantes of Love: http://www.amazon.com/Vigilantes-of-Love-ebook/dp/B004FEFAIY

All of the book's reviews to date have been 5 stars. The most recent one says:

Everson presents us with a great collection of stories here that will keep you turning the page and wanting more. A very quick read full of emotional tales of love and yes, plenty of horror.

Another notes:

John Everson has an uncanny knack of creating characters that not only jump off the printed page, but they can actually slap you if they wanted to.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:37 PM   #3
johneverson
Zealot

Yesteday Amazon dropped the price on Vigilantes of Love, my second short fiction collection of light and dark fantasy and the macabre down to $1.99.

I'm not sure how long it's going to stay on sale there but you can get a copy right now here: http://www.amazon.com/Vigilantes-of-.../dp/B004FEFAIY
Old 02-23-2014, 06:18 PM   #4
johneverson
Zealot

Vigilantes of Love remains on sale on Amazon this weekend.

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Vigilantes-of-.../dp/B004FEFAIY

Last edited by johneverson; 04-26-2014 at 02:00 PM. Reason: outdated information
Old 04-26-2014, 01:59 PM   #5
johneverson
Zealot

Vigilantes of Love is currently on sale for $2.48 on Amazon as part of my "48 Sale" (I turned 48 years old last month!). This well-reviewed collection of fantasy and the macabre will go back to regular price this week ($3.99) so I hope readers of fantasy, dark fantasy and horror will give it a preview/download this weekend!

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Vigilantes-of-.../dp/B004FEFAIY

Last edited by johneverson; 07-13-2015 at 09:15 PM.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:23 PM   #6
johneverson
Zealot

The 10th Anniversary Edition of my 2nd fiction collection, Vigilantes of Love is now a Kindle Select title (so I've removed outdated links from previous posts) and available via Kindle Unlimited.

Vigilantes of Love is also on a special 99 cent Kindle Countdown Sale this week! This collection features 21 stories of both lighthearted fantasy and Twilight Zone-style horror that were originally published in a variety of magazines and anthologies.

One of my favorite reviews described it like this: "Great stories that'll jerk your heartstrings, terrify you, and get your heart thumping like the doctor said to."

Download a copy and take a peek:
http://www.amazon.com/Vigilantes-of-.../dp/B004FEFAIY
Old 02-11-2016, 10:42 PM   #7
johneverson
Zealot

VIGILANTES OF LOVE is on a Valentine's Week Kindle Countdown Sale on Amazon for the next few days for just 99 cents! This is a collection of 21 stories that blur the genres between fantasy and horror, and celebrate the highs of love and dangers of lust. There are ghosts and witches and a kid who literally wears his heart on his sleeve...

Readers have called VIGILANTES "...a mixture of macabre, eerie, fantastical and just plain good..."
"...full of magic. Some of it gentle, some of it dark, but almost all of it lyrical and affecting.!" ... "Thought provoking... really outstanding stories!"

Download a copy this weekend while it's just 99 cents for Kindle:
http://www.amazon.com/Vigilantes-of-.../dp/B004FEFAIY
Old 04-23-2017, 07:26 PM   #8
johneverson
Zealot

VIGILANTES OF LOVE is on sale this week for 99 cents on Amazon! This was my second short fiction collection and includes a mix of fantasy, dark fantasy and macabre horror. HorrorWorld reviewed it and called its stories "Among the most enjoyable short stories that I have read in the past few years... I thought their approach subtle, but still, they managed to pack one heck of a punch."

Take a look:

https://www.amazon.com/Vigilantes-of.../dp/B004FEFAIY
Old 12-26-2020, 02:13 PM   #9
johneverson
Zealot

VIGILANTES OF LOVE is on sale this week for 99 cents on Amazon! The title story of this collection was also the inspiration for my new (12th) novel, VOODOO HEART. The collection includes a mix of tales of fantasy, dark fantasy and macabre horror.

HorrorWorld reviewed it and called its stories "Among the most enjoyable short stories that I have read in the past few years... I thought their approach subtle, but still, they managed to pack one heck of a punch."

Take a look and learn where the tale of the Black Queen began:

https://www.amazon.com/Vigilantes-of.../dp/B004FEFAIY

Tags
dark fantasy, fantasy, ghost stories, horror stories