Old 05-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #466
marty1990
Enthusiast
marty1990 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Might just get this cuz it's cheap.

http://www.navi-tech.co.uk/sony-prs-...ook-style-case

Any good?

Last edited by marty1990; 05-28-2012 at 11:43 AM.
marty1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #467
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Their stuff's usually excellent - but make sure you get what you want i.e. if you want a hard case, make sure you aren't buying a nice soft leather one !
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2012, 03:04 AM   #468
Flip Martian
Connoisseur
Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.

Device: Sony PRS 350, iPad, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Thanks to esspic for saving me a lot of time and effort. I also received my Gecko real leather cover yesterday. Mine is labelled 'red' but is actually a lovely rich burgundy colour -- a very good partner for the red T1.

My first impression is that this is a very classy product. Quality stitching, fit and finishing around the edges of all cut out parts and it feels substantial. I could be wrong, but my impression is that the burnished leather (i.e. non-suede) parts ARE real, at least it smells like real leather. Also, personally, I actually like the velvety interior. Also, I really like the magnetic closing -- no flap to get in the way.

Up to now I have been using the official Sony non-lighted cover, which cost me 30.99GBP back in October. The Gecko cost me 25.40GBP. Therefore, for me, the Gecko is easily the better value for money.

If you're particularly worried about protecting the corners of the T1, it has to be said that the Sony case edges it because the plastic 'box' completely encases the T1. But the Gecko wins for screen protection because the front and back covers are rigid and padded, whereas the Sony's are neither.

A couple of other metrics:
Gecko weight (empty) is 132g. Sony standard cover is 83g.
Gecko thickness when closed containing T1 is 21mm. Sony standard cover is 14mm.

In conclusion -- buy with confidence -- I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Yours and Esspic's reviews persuaded me - have also gone for the dark red one of these (as I now have a red T1). Does look very nice in the pics.

Thanks once again to all for the useful input and opinions on this thread!
Flip Martian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:12 AM   #469
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty1990 View Post
Might just get this cuz it's cheap.

http://www.navi-tech.co.uk/sony-prs-...ook-style-case

Any good?
If you look at the previous page (post #458), I've mentioned how mine has lasted (generaly well!), and I've also put links in there to earlier posts that have more accurate pictures than the ones on the Navitech site (at least, they were more accurate with regard to the one I got!).
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:56 AM   #470
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip Martian View Post
Yours and Esspic's reviews persuaded me - have also gone for the dark red one of these (as I now have a red T1). Does look very nice in the pics.
Aaah, I'm feeling the pressure of responsibility now!

Seriously, though, I think you'll like it. Mine's still looking good.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #471
Flip Martian
Connoisseur
Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Aaah, I'm feeling the pressure of responsibility now!

Seriously, though, I think you'll like it. Mine's still looking good.
I hope so - its the only one I've found which looked exactly what I was looking for! Thanks again.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #472
gari189
Connoisseur
gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Elonex 621eb, PRS-T1, HP Touchpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
I like the looks of the SkinDigital one that a poster here just had pictures of, and I think it was $15, I believe it was just on the previous page. But I'd like a light too. Thoughts? Not sure I'm happy about a clip-on light, I think I prefer the convenience of a built-in type.
If you do get the Skindigital case - the Verso Lightwedge arc (pricey but good) fits on to the case perfectly (if you use the wider fitment).
gari189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #473
marty1990
Enthusiast
marty1990 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Do the majority of cases use magnets to close the case? I'd prefer a case without magnets being embedded in the case, since I've always figured magnets can cause damage to electrical equipment... but from what I've seen, they all use them.
marty1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #474
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
I've had no problems with magnets in the case on my Sony 350 reader which I've had about 2 years. The little 350 just keeps on working fine.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #475
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Magnets can damage magnetics strip on credit cards and hotel room keys. This is only reason I try to avoid magnetic fasteners.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #476
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
Considering the PRS-600 (and I assume the 300 and 500) had magnets embedded in the device itself, I'm not sure how much of a concern this is.
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:21 AM   #477
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot
Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Onyx Boox
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty1990 View Post
Do the majority of cases use magnets to close the case? I'd prefer a case without magnets being embedded in the case, since I've always figured magnets can cause damage to electrical equipment... but from what I've seen, they all use them.
Hi Marty, we got these questions several times in the past. We tested it by ourselves and found out that it's no problem to have magnetic buttons in the case. We use them for almost 2 years now in the cases and very got any complaint.
Klein Nijenhuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #478
phildoc
phildoc began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Best Buy Clearancing PRS-T1 covers

YMMV, but at my local Best Buy both the Lighted and Standard covers were on clearance. The lighted cover (PRSACL10B) was $22.99, and the standard cover (PRSASC10B) was $9.99.

Also, they had the PRS-T1 for around $85. (I got lucky and snagged two T1s at my local Target a few days ago for $38.94 each. Asked the manager if he would sell me the demo, but he said that since demo units are provided free of charge by the manufacterer, they must return them to the manufacturer even if the item in question is being discontinued. In short, since Target didn't buy it from manufacturer, Target can't sell it).

Last edited by phildoc; 06-09-2012 at 02:48 PM.
phildoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:32 PM   #479
Flip Martian
Connoisseur

Well my Gecko leather case arrived today. Very pleased, feels like a quality case, looks more expensive than it is, I think. Very nice. Many thanks to Gecko for dealing with my order quickly.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:17 PM   #480
MCSmarties
Enthusiast
MCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud of

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Does anybody sell something like the Amazon Kindle Lighted Leather Cover for the Sony PRS-T1?

I really like the idea of a light that sucks juice from the reader itself, rather than having to worry about buying AAAs...

Ridiculously expensive though, I know.
MCSmarties is offline   Reply With Quote