Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-24-2011, 05:43 PM   #1
jbni
jbni began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus
Unhappy Opus/Gen3 battery connector?

Today when I was opening the back of my Opus to press the reset button (really, what genius decided to put it there?) I dropped it and the battery came out.. and one of the wires snapped off the connector.

I can fix this, but I'll need a new connector to put on there. Does anyone know what the connector is called? I'm sure I can get one from DigiKey, but I need to know the name of the part to find it!
jbni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:32 PM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Maybe it's easiest to ask Bookeen directly.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2011, 08:24 AM   #3
jbni

I tried that. Bookeen said:

'I am afraid that the name will not tell you anything, it is called the
Bookeen Battery connector. You can send your cybook for a repair or order a
new battery.'

Which is obviously a bunch of bologna. It's a standard connector, probably made by Molex, but there are so many thousands of the things I need to know a part number before I can find it.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:08 AM   #4
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbni View Post
Which is obviously a bunch of bologna. It's a standard connector, probably made by Molex, but there are so many thousands of the things I need to know a part number before I can find it.
I agree. Your best bet is to take to someplace like Radio Shack and look through their parts to make a match.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:35 PM   #5
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Does an old, used battery help you? Maybe you can ask for one in the flea market here. And the older model, the Cybook Gen3, uses the same battery, but I don't know if they use the same connector.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2011, 09:41 AM   #6
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Wow, that a really silly answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbni View Post
I tried that. Bookeen said:

'I am afraid that the name will not tell you anything, it is called the
Bookeen Battery connector. You can send your cybook for a repair or order a
new battery.'
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:22 AM   #7
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
jbni

Welcome to Mobileread ...

You don't say where you are, but it looks like a JST 2mm 2-pin SMT connector http://www.nkcelectronics.com/jst-2m...ctor-pa22.html
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:40 AM   #8
jbni

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
jbni

Welcome to Mobileread ...

You don't say where you are, but it looks like a JST 2mm 2-pin SMT connector http://www.nkcelectronics.com/jst-2m...ctor-pa22.html
It really does look quite similar, but the JST connectors have little locking tabs on them that the Bookeen battery doesn't. But it'll probably work, so I'm ordering some. Thanks!
Old 04-15-2011, 08:38 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Can you not just solder the wire back on?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, gen 3, opus, repair