Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-30-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
jonfmerz
Writer ~ Producer ~ Ninja
jonfmerz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jonfmerz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jonfmerz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jonfmerz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Smile The Lawson Vampire Series (James Bond with Fangs)

I'd like to introduce everyone to my Lawson Vampire series - a series unlike any other in the vampire genre. Lawson - the series protagonist - is a member of a race of *living* vampires that has evolved alongside humanity for thousands of years. Lawson himself is a Fixer - part-spy/part-commando - James Bond with fangs - he was destined from birth to defend his people and protect the secret existence of his race. Lawson mixes shrewd cunning with unmatched lethality to get his job done. He tries his best to dismantle conspiracies, dispatch bad guys, and live long enough to get home.

The series initially began in 2002 with four novels before going on hiatus. Now, it's back with a new release - THE KENSEI - from St. Martin's Press. But I'm happy to have the back list of novels, novellas, and stories up on both Amazon for the Kindle and on Barnes & Noble for the Nook.

Lawson Vampire on the Kindle: http://amzn.to/fDz5t7

Lawson Vampire on the Nook: http://bit.ly/hGDr7a

What others are saying about the Lawson Vampire series:

"Lawson is more like Jason Bourne than Dracula, making this a vampire mystery with broad appeal." --Booklist

"A powerful novel by a man who knows the turf already." -NYT Bestselling author Robert. B. Parker

"Jon F. Merz's novels move at a break-neck pace, twisting through a landscape of thrills and terror." -- Douglas Clegg, author of The Infinite and The Priest of Blood

"...a fine stalking session in vampire-noir land...a series and talented writer I'll be sticking with all the way." -- Mort Castle, author of The Strangers and On Writing Horror

Praise for Jon F. Merz's THE KENSEI (A Lawson Vampire Novel #5):

"If James Bond, True Blood and Kill Bill created a mutant hybrid of a book, it would be The Kensei. A bullet train slice 'em, dice 'em mixture of action, suspense, and vampire ninjas. Did I mention vampire ninjas?"--Jason Pinter, bestselling author of The Fury and The Darkness

"The Kensei is an action novel with real bite. Vampires, Yakuza killers, crooks and animal-monster hyrbids. Jon F. Merz brings his A-game and then ratchets it up to a whole new level of supernatural action. Highly recommended!" --Jonathan Maberry, New York Times bestselling author of The Dragon Factory and Patient Zero

"In The Kensei, Jon F. Merz seamlessly welds gritty detail with myth and legend to create a thrill ride into the shadow-world lurking beneath modern Japan. Lawson's fight against evil has bone-crunching authenticity. Plus, it has vampires, ninjas, and vampire ninjas. What more could anyone ask?"--Christopher Farnsworth, author or Blood Oath

About The Author:

Jon F. Merz is a writer with over a dozen published novels, a producer for New Ronin Entertainment and a trained black belt ninja. He has taught defensive tactics to civilian crime watch groups, police, military units, and agencies like the US Department of State, the Department of Justice, and the Bureau of Prisons. In his past, Jon served with the United States Air Force, worked for the US government, and handled executive protection for Fortune 500 clients. He lives with his wife and two sons in suburban Boston. His website is located at http://www.jonfmerz.net

Thanks very much - I hope you enjoy the various novels, novellas, and short stories!

Last edited by jonfmerz; 01-30-2011 at 07:48 PM.
jonfmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:20 PM   #2
Kiwimick
Addict
Kiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five words

Device: Sony PRS650
Sounds interesting and I would have had a look but as you dont have it on Epub i'll have to pass
Kiwimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:36 PM   #3
jonfmerz
jonfmerz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jonfmerz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jonfmerz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jonfmerz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Just uploaded epub files to Nook the other night, where would you like it to be available for sale that I don't yet have?
Old 01-31-2011, 04:03 PM   #4
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Not sure if this is really my thing, but congrats for getting your books back into the market again.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:52 PM   #5
jonfmerz

Thanks Caleb!
Old 01-31-2011, 05:00 PM   #6
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Two thinks I love! Vampires (well most of the time) and Bond, Cool! I'll definitely check out "The Fixer".
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:01 PM   #7
jonfmerz

Thanks Nyssa! Much appreciated!
Old 01-31-2011, 05:13 PM   #8
Kiwimick
Addict
Kiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five words

Device: Sony PRS650
Hi Jon

Im in the UK so pretty sure its only Smashwords that Im going to be able to get a copy. I might be wrong but it looks as though B&N is only for Nooks.
I have been thinking about picking up the Kindle3 WiFi to cover all reading bases so to speak, but I need to convince myself that Im not just doing it to get a new device I have a birthday coming up next month so I might just drop a few hints. Rest assured if I do get a Kindle I will be looking at this series as I have always liked Ian Flemings James Bond and I like Vampire stories.
Kiwimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:19 PM   #9
jonfmerz

Hi Kiwimick,

Thanks for the info. The books are all out on the Amazon UK kindle site as well. I haven't really been too fond of Smashwords, preferring instead to get my stuff out there directly with as little middlemen as possible, y'know? If the Kindle thing doesn't work out, and you'd simply like the series direct from me, let me know. If you've got Paypal, you can simply send me the money for the series and I'll ship the files right over.

Best,
Jon
Old 02-01-2011, 01:34 AM   #10
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Sounds really cool, Is Interlude the first book in the series?

I promise to give a good review....I don't want you to get all ninja on my butt! Actually, that's pretty cool, and much respect man!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:37 AM   #11
jonfmerz

The Fixer is book 1, actually. Then Invoker, Destructor, Syndicate, Price, Courier, Kensei. The other three stories are all over the timeline.

Thanks very much!
Old 02-01-2011, 08:31 AM   #12
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Awesome, I'll be going on a spending spree, this whole thing really intrigues me!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:11 AM   #13
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I'm in the U.S. and also would prefer to buy the books from Smashwords. Although Barnes & Noble offers the books in ePub, it does so with DRM that is incompatible with most ebook readers that can read ePub. I suppose I could buy the books and strip the DRM, but that's illegal in the U.S.

I hope you do well with your books, but by not making them available on Smashwords as well as at other ebookstores like Sony, you are cutting out a large number of people who might be interested in buying your series.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:20 AM   #14
jonfmerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Awesome, I'll be going on a spending spree, this whole thing really intrigues me!
Thank you! I hope you enjoy them!
Old 02-01-2011, 09:22 AM   #15
jonfmerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
I'm in the U.S. and also would prefer to buy the books from Smashwords. Although Barnes & Noble offers the books in ePub, it does so with DRM that is incompatible with most ebook readers that can read ePub. I suppose I could buy the books and strip the DRM, but that's illegal in the U.S.
There's no DRM on my books. I made sure the other night when I uploaded them to the Nook website that I left that option unchecked.

I'll look into the Sony store, though, thanks!

Tags
lawson, merz, ninja, urban fantasy, vampires