Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-11-2024, 09:38 AM   #121
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerhaher View Post
Locale setting? Is that what language I have choosen, (which is english)?

I changed language to swedish (where I live) and yes, the calendar changed to Monday.
Depends on a lot of things. IIRC one can set the language without setting the locale. On Windows I think locale is controlled by the "Region" setting, but I'm not sure.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 09:44 AM   #122
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerhaher View Post
Date custom column: is it possible to change the drop down calendar so that weeks start with Monday instead of Sunday?
I am looking at adding a "Tweak" to set the first day of the week. I will post here if I do and @kovid accepts it.

Code:
#: Set the first day of the week for calendar popups
# It must be one of the values Default, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday,
# Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, all in English, spelled exactly as shown.
calendar_start_day_of_week = 'Default'
Old 03-11-2024, 11:35 AM   #123
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I am looking at adding a "Tweak" to set the first day of the week. I will post here if I do and @kovid accepts it.

Code:
#: Set the first day of the week for calendar popups
# It must be one of the values Default, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday,
# Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, all in English, spelled exactly as shown.
calendar_start_day_of_week = 'Default'
The tweak is now in calibre source. It will be in the next preview or release.
Old 03-11-2024, 11:53 AM   #124
gerhaher
Enthusiast
gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
The tweak is now in calibre source. It will be in the next preview or release.
Many thanks!
gerhaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 01:51 AM   #125
Trimbuk2
Trimbuk2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2007, Android(Huawei)
Hello everyone, I am writing this query here in the hope that this is the place where it should be posted.

my library one day told me that it had a problem when loading, and that I needed to do a process to correct it, I clicked on run, and started the process, read the books (more than 300k) and, after that, it starts to load what I guess are the add-ons and stays at 4% creating the custom column of the add-on "Reading List".

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=134856

the process remains in that four percent of progress and I do not know what else to do, it has remained up to a week 24/7 and I can not get it to advance, I tried to open either of the two .db files or the .Json to see if somehow you can edit the one that tries to load that add-on or the custom column of that add-on, but I can not open them to edit them.

has anyone had something like this happen to them?
is it possible that someone can help me to edit the file so that it does not load the custom column?
I would rather lose that column than lose all the formatting, and other fixes that frankly I don't remember how I did them.
Trimbuk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 05:53 PM   #126
correoparaappzz
correoparaappzz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
hi, is there a way to restore a book cover that was replaced by accident?
correoparaappzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 06:42 PM   #127
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
If it was embedded in the eBook file, there's a button in the metadata editor that can set the cover from it.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 08:59 PM   #128
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
↑ ↑ ↑ ✔

Or, if File History is enabled on Windows you might be able to get it from File explorer->Previous versions.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 07:19 PM   #129
thedurpypandaman
thedurpypandaman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I purchased a bunch of books of humble bundle and none of them are officially in a series, but I am trying to get them all to be in a series because there is over 100 books.
Is it possible to manually get them to sort into a series on a kindle paperwhite?
thedurpypandaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 08:15 PM   #130
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You can try using a metadata plugboard to modify the title in the Kindle metadata to include the series/series index as part of the title which will be written to the ebook when it is sent to your Kindle.

See Preferences => Metadata plugboards for your starting point for creating a plugboard and The calibre template language for information on what goes into a template and this item from the Mobileread Wiki: Kindle and Calibre Plugboards for a dated but more user friendly guide.

Something like {series:|| }{series_index:0>5.2f|| - }{title} as a starter template but you can get much fancier.

Edit: added plugboard image
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	plugboard.png
Views:	34
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	207555  

Last edited by DNSB; 04-13-2024 at 08:17 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 10:02 PM   #131
thedurpypandaman
thedurpypandaman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Sadly this didn't seam to work, I copied the screenshot, moved the books to the paperwhite and it did not sort them into a series.
thedurpypandaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 07:43 PM   #132
ampws
ampws began at the beginning.

Device: Pc, Kindle, etc.
Hi,

Total newbie but is there a way to re-index the calibre database. Over time I have removed a lot of entries (I currently have 7006 books on calibre) but the calibre database does not compact. So each entry gets an identifier as if the deleted books still exist i.e. the last book I entered had a folder identity of 7294.

So is there a re-index function?

Edit
===
The way I have been re-indexing so far is copying my calibre library to a new drive then creating a new blank library and importing the books as new entries.

Last edited by ampws; 04-22-2024 at 08:04 PM.
ampws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 07:52 PM   #133
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampws View Post
Hi,

Total newbie but is there a way to re-index the calibre database. Over time I have removed a lot of entries (I currently have 7006 books on calibre) but the calibre database does not compact. So each entry gets an identifier as if the deleted books still exist i.e. the last book I entered had a folder identity of 7294.

So is there a re-index function?
No. The "index" has no meaning or purpose other than to be unique for any given book in the library. It could count up, count down, or be a random number. There is no point in renumbering the books.

The "index" has nothing to do with compacting the database (reducing the amount of disk storage required), which you can do with the check library function.
Old 04-22-2024, 07:56 PM   #134
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
If you want to reset the ids, create a new library with the same structure and then import all the books from the old library into it. Not really worth it as you'll just end up with new gaps in the ids at some point.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 10:33 PM   #135
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
AFAIK - if you change a book's index you'll break any calibre:\\ show-book, view-book, or book-details URLs that refer to it.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote