Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-12-2006, 10:18 PM   #121
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenal0
I called Borders in Newark airport and the lady said that the items did go out today.
Hopefully they will be here early next week.
Kenal0
Yep you're right. My tracking number works. Tuesday, 17th. Can't wait.
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:04 PM   #122
Launchpd
Launchpd began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-500
Found 2 in the Borders in Pheonix airport, Terminal 4 (Southwest). Now there's 1 left. Purely by luck, too; I was only flying SW at the last minute, and only noticed a bookstore as I walked by.
Launchpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 06:42 PM   #123
CINCNORAD
Enthusiast
CINCNORAD began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise//Sony Reader//Nokia N800
Went by the Sony store in the Beverly Center (Los Angeles) on a whim...and they just happened to have them in stock. Picked one up, and grabbed one of those new charging cradles as well.
CINCNORAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 07:23 PM   #124
Michele
Addict
Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Wow, a bunch of us got ours from that location!
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 09:05 AM   #125
sammykrupa
Reader of the Reader
sammykrupa doesn't littersammykrupa doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Flumbo and WilliamG,
Thanks for the tips about the Sony Reader being in stock at the Newark airport!

I have mine ordered from them and it should be on its way!

And thanks for the coupon William! Worked like a charm.

Sam Krupa
sammykrupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 10:51 AM   #126
Kenal0
Kenal0 began at the beginning.

Mine is in the Chicago area on truck for delivery Monday via Fedex ground.
Nice job WilliamG on the airport tip. Who would have thought to call the Borders in an airport!! There is not a Borders in Chicagoland that even has a clue about when they are getting them.
Kenal0
Kenal0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:53 PM   #127
Kenal0
Kenal0 began at the beginning.

Mine showed up today. As soon as I went on the econnect website to register my reader, it went down for updating. Oh well, I guess I will load it up later when I get home. Looks nice, it is pretty cool.
Kenal0
Kenal0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:26 PM   #128
aleks
Connoisseur
aleks doesn't litteraleks doesn't litteraleks doesn't litter

Device: Rocket eBook & Sony Reader
Well Newark airport is sold out-not a big surprise there!

Has anyone stumbled across another source?
aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:20 PM   #129
rmeister0
Addict
rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Called the Borders in Woodbury and they are expecting their shipment at the end of October. I asked them to put one on hold for me. The sales person I talked to actually had a clue though.
rmeister0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 01:47 AM   #130
Peregrine
Enthusiast
Peregrine began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I called a couple Borders around here in North Carolina and neither seemed too aware of the Reader, the first had never heard of it and said they thought it was just a specialty item I could order through the store, the other speculated it might be a Christmas item.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:32 PM   #131
aleks
Connoisseur
aleks doesn't litteraleks doesn't litteraleks doesn't litter

Device: Rocket eBook & Sony Reader
I checked the stores in Las Vegas and they are sild out or have not yet been delivered.
aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 04:23 PM   #132
davec67
davec67 began at the beginning.

borders in los gatos california said they were expecting 7 sometime this week
davec67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 04:24 PM   #133
davec67
davec67 began at the beginning.

sony style in westgate mall california got a delivery of 3 units today
davec67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:15 PM   #134
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenal0
Mine showed up today. As soon as I went on the econnect website to register my reader, it went down for updating. Oh well, I guess I will load it up later when I get home. Looks nice, it is pretty cool.
Kenal0
Mine arrived today at my house. I'll give you all an update when I've given it a thorough going over after I get home. Will post a full review soon.
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:29 PM   #135
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

I read earlier that the Houston Galleria Sony Style store has one on demo. Is that true? i am in the area and would like to see one close up...?
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote