Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-10-2009, 02:24 PM   #1
dumkat
dumkat began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad 2nd generation
Iliad arrived today

I just received my Iliad from Holland today. I am excited. Just have to let it charge now.
dumkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:18 PM   #2
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
Hi. Welcome to the iliad club..

Did you buy it from irex? Are they still shipping the iliad 2g&BE? There seems to be a permanent out of stock posted the last few months.
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2009, 10:58 PM   #3
dumkat

yeah. i just put one in my cart last month and it let me go through the checkout. I emailed them about delivery and they said it was coming back in stock this week. it took 2 days for delivery to canada.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:12 PM   #4
dumkat

had troubles with my wireless. had to change my n router to use wpa2 not wpa and wpa2 also set my router to only work in 802.11g mode

Can anyone tell me a straight forward way to ssh to my iliad. I have installed the develop package from irex. Thanks.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:07 AM   #5
A4-
Connoisseur
A4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheese

Device: iRex iLiad v2
Get sshd.zip in this tread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...+enable&page=4
And mrxvt v4 or v5 here (to change the root password):
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Iliad_Software#Mrxvt
A4- is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2009, 11:15 AM   #6
Maike13
Connoisseur
Maike13 began at the beginning.

Device: IRex Iliad 1st Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumkat View Post
had troubles with my wireless. had to change my n router to use wpa2 not wpa and wpa2 also set my router to only work in 802.11g mode

Can anyone tell me a straight forward way to ssh to my iliad. I have installed the develop package from irex. Thanks.
You're doing better than me My Illiad will only connect if I turn off all security. Unfortunately the router's about 5 years old so no wpa2 or possibility of wpa2 firmware update. I'm thinking about a new router. Which on are you are you using?
Maike13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:04 PM   #7
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maike13 View Post
You're doing better than me My Illiad will only connect if I turn off all security. Unfortunately the router's about 5 years old so no wpa2 or possibility of wpa2 firmware update. I'm thinking about a new router. Which on are you are you using?
Be aware that the iLiad has trouble working with "N" routers. Most of the time you will need to put it in "G" mode in order for it to work. Keep that in mind when you're shopping for a new router.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:10 PM   #8
dumkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maike13 View Post

I am using a dlink router. I think most modern routers will work. Make sure it can support g.

I am having trouble having my iliad connect to my network computer to download files. It just fails on the connection. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 12-28-2009, 10:04 AM   #9
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumkat View Post
I am having trouble having my iliad connect to my network computer to download files. It just fails on the connection. Anyone else have this problem?
It works for me. Getting all of the sharing setup right can be tricky though.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:24 PM   #10
noir
noir began at the beginning.

Device: (prospective :Iliad)
Iliad arrived here today too

Developer's kit on it already, and fullscreen pdf and content listener installed.

I am a really happy camper now
noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:14 AM   #11
Minie
Minie began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
@Noir

I also installed the oss content listener, but what do you mean with "fullscreen pdf"?
Minie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:46 AM   #12
noir
noir began at the beginning.

Device: (prospective :Iliad)
hi Minie,

by fullscreen pdf i mean iPDF. it's a hack that you can install.

You continue using the iliad's pdf reader as usual, but if you "long press" the "up button", it goes into fullscreen view: the toolbar/page index disappears and makes room for better zooming.

That feature's a must for me on technical documents and ... mangas
noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:08 PM   #13
Minie
Minie began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Thank you Noir, I will try this iPDF.
Minie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iliad