Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 01-26-2009, 03:30 PM   #1
Anhunedd
Anhunedd began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
MS Reader - crashes on every secure LIT

This has suddenly started happening to me - MS Reader on my PC crashes every time I try and open a Secure LIT file downloaded from Fictionwise.

I've tried reinstalling, and that hasn't fixed it.

I can't re-authenticate at the moment because their servers are down (again).

Anyone else stuck with this?
Anhunedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:51 PM   #2
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
I had this issue too, lasted about week for me, it is because the servers are down......you will have to wait till they go back up. Once they do it will be back to normal, I just kept trying to reauthorize till they were back, once they were all was well....
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2009, 10:15 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
For some reason, my MS Reader won't read DRM protected eBooks. So when I purchase LIT, I just strip the DRM and I'm good to go.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:43 PM   #4
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
same issue

I just tried to open a lit file using MS Reader and it crashed, I tried several other files but it won't deal with them either. I am not sure what the heck the issue is!

I normally just convert the file, but this one seems to be stubborn about converting so I wanted to check and make sure it was okay since I was having a conversion issue. Very weird!

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote