Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-14-2008, 06:48 PM   #1
artcoffeewords
Reading & Knitting
artcoffeewords began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 and Palm Zire 72
Pictureflow Error: Wrong Elf class on Ubuntu 8.04 AMD_64

Is there a way to get the pictureflow working on 64-bit Ubuntu. The error is "wrong ELF class: elfclass32" which I assume is because I am running the 64-bit os. Calibre is working perfectly for me other than the cover flow.

Here is a screenshot of the full error message:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.png
Views:	651
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	14355  
artcoffeewords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:33 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
pictureflow is the only thing in calibre that uses C code and it's compiled on a 32-bit system (I dont have a 64 bit system). You can compile it manually if you're up to the challenge.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:41 PM   #3
artcoffeewords
Reading & Knitting

Thanks for the answer. Compiling it myself is a bit beyond my current knowledge level, but I can learn A challenge is always fun.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:36 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

just get the source code (instructions are at https://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/wiki/...ctionsforlinux)

In the instructions, change the second line to
Code:
cd calibre && make plugins
That will compile the pictureflow plugin placing the output into the directory src/calibre/plugins. Just copy the files there into the calibre installation overwriting the existing ones (do a find or a locate to learn where the files to overwrite are on)

Note that for the compilation to succeed you may need to install the qt-dev and pyqt-dev packages.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:45 AM   #5
artcoffeewords
Reading & Knitting

I got the source code and I am pretty sure I have the dependent dev packages. When I run the code to make the plugin I get this output with the error code at the end and the /src/calibre/plugins/ folder is empty.
Quote:
mkdir -p src/calibre/plugins
mkdir -p src/calibre/plugins && rm -f src/calibre/plugins/*pictureflow* && \
cd src/calibre/gui2/pictureflow && rm -f *.o && \
mkdir -p .build && cd .build && rm -f * && \
qmake ../pictureflow.pro && make staticlib && \
cd ../PyQt && \
mkdir -p .build && \
cd .build && rm -f * && \
python ../configure.py && make && \
cd ../../../../../.. && \
cp src/calibre/gui2/pictureflow/PyQt/.build/pictureflow.so src/calibre/plugins/ && \
rm -rf src/calibre/gui2/pictureflow/.build rm -rf src/calibre/gui2/pictureflow/PyQt/.build
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/teresa/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/pictureflow/.build'
g++ -c -pipe -fpermissive -g -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DQT_SHARED -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I../../pictureflow -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -I../../pictureflow -I../../pictureflow -I. -o pictureflow.o ../pictureflow.cpp
../pictureflow.cpp:1380: warning: unused parameter ‘index’
../pictureflow.cpp:1381: warning: unused parameter ‘index’
/usr/bin/moc-qt4 -DQT_SHARED -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I../../pictureflow -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -I../../pictureflow -I../../pictureflow -I. ../pictureflow.h -o moc_pictureflow.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -fpermissive -g -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DQT_SHARED -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I../../pictureflow -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -I../../pictureflow -I../../pictureflow -I. -o moc_pictureflow.o moc_pictureflow.cpp
rm -f libpictureflow.a
ar cqs libpictureflow.a pictureflow.o moc_pictureflow.o
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/teresa/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/pictureflow/.build'
sh: /usr/bin/sip: not found
Error: Unable to open "pictureflow.sbf": [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'pictureflow.sbf'
make: *** [pictureflow] Error 1
Old 07-15-2008, 10:50 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

you need python-sip and python-sip-dev as well. Note the line sh: /usr/bin/sip: not found
Old 07-15-2008, 03:03 PM   #7
artcoffeewords
Reading & Knitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
you need python-sip and python-sip-dev as well. Note the line sh: /usr/bin/sip: not found
I had both of those installed already, but I re-installed them. That did the trick. It is working beautifully now. Thanks!