Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-28-2011, 07:57 AM   #1
solbore
solbore began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902
Question Micro-SD card slot in PB 902

Hi,
I have problem with using micro SD card in my PocketBook 902. I have 2GB micro SD card, which I use in my Nokia 6303i phone.
I think, that it is standard to insert card into the slot and some lock holds the card in correct position. Pushing card releases lock and card can be removed. But not with PocketBook There is no lock mechanism, so device can access card only when I hold card inside.
solbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:21 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Hi Solbore, welcome to MobileRead!

The Pocketbook 902 has this kind of lock/push mechanism you described, too. You have to push the card really deep into the device (some of us here do it with the help of a little coin) and then it will be locked and stay there. Please, try it once more, it's not trivial and you're not the first one experiencing problems with inserting the sd card.

But if you really won't manage to insert the card: maybe your card slot is defective and you need to give back the reader.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2011, 08:26 AM   #3
Lester Burnham
Enthusiast
Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 902, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Hi Solbore, welcome to MobileRead!

... it's not trivial and you're not the first one experiencing problems with inserting the sd card.
Very true! I thought the card slot on my 902 was faulty as well. I use the flat-head screwdriver on my Swiss army knife to insert and remove the card now. Works like a charm.
Lester Burnham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:53 AM   #4
solbore
solbore began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902
You are absolutely right! Thank you for your help

Shame on the designer. It should be mentioned in user guide or in FAQ.

Last edited by solbore; 09-28-2011 at 09:33 AM.
solbore is offline   Reply With Quote