Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-13-2012, 03:08 AM   #1
XXPetrosXX
XXPetrosXX began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Kindle Touch Frozen in System Diags

I wanted to attempt to jailbreak my kindle (SO) in firmware 5.1.0. I used method 3 by Yifan Lu. At first the jailbreak screen showed up and all seemed good, then it went into system diags and after I reset it the third time it completely froze. The computer now no longer recongnizes it as a kindle touch (or anything) and I tried to use MfgTool to fastboot it, but it brings up the message "failed to run command: type = "boot" body = "Recovery" file = "fastboot.bin" timeout = "10" onError = "" text = "Loading fastboot u-boot to device." The handle is invalid., Error code:6"
Same message appears when I use MfgTool to try and boot into main or diags.

Any help would be awesome! Thanks ahead of time!

Last edited by XXPetrosXX; 07-13-2012 at 03:12 AM.
XXPetrosXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:14 AM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXPetrosXX View Post
I wanted to attempt to jailbreak my kindle (SO) in firmware 5.1.0. I used method 3 by Yifan Lu. At first the jailbreak screen showed up and all seemed good, then it went into system diags and after I reset it the third time it completely froze. The computer now no longer recongnizes it as a kindle touch (or anything) and I tried to use MfgTool to fastboot it, but it brings up the message "failed to run command: type = "boot" body = "Recovery" file = "fastboot.bin" timeout = "10" onError = "" text = "Loading fastboot u-boot to device." The handle is invalid., Error code:6"
Same message appears when I use MfgTool to try and boot into main or diags.

Any help would be awesome! Thanks ahead of time!
I sounds like your MfgTool profiles may be messed up, so that MfgTool cannot find the custom u-boot images. Try downloading it again before retrying.

Or it could just be a "Windows problem" that fixes itself by rebooting your windows host PC (or VM).
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
XXPetrosXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
It sounds like your MfgTool profiles may be messed up, so that MfgTool cannot find the custom u-boot images. Try downloading it again before retrying.
I tried re-downloading it and I was able to get the weird battery symbol to show up! From here I'm going to try the process described in the "My Kindle 4 is Frozen in System Diags" thread. Hopefully I can repair it from here! Thanks!
Old 07-14-2012, 01:24 AM   #4
XXPetrosXX

Now my problem is that I can't get it to do anything other than show the battery symbol... I tried charging it for a couple hours and then making it go into fastboot, but it just keeps showing the battery symbol. Any ideas?

Edit: GOT IT TO WORK!! It seemed to stop charging after a while when it was plugged into the wall. Decided to plug it into computer and wait and it randomly booted up! Thanks again!!!!

Last edited by XXPetrosXX; 07-14-2012 at 02:07 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:50 AM   #5
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
So apparently it WAS a discharged battery then, and the "battery symbol" screen was telling you the truth. I am glad you got it charged finally.

It appears that your problem was that you had a low battery when you started, and it all went sideways from there.

In your case, the debricking tools helped you diagnose and solve your problem without having to flash any firmware. I am glad you got it working again.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bricked, kindle touch