Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you find the answers helpful?
Yes! 23 50.00%
No. 6 13.04%
Yes, but... 17 36.96%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2007, 01:52 AM   #106
impything
impything began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs
thanks

thanks, i'll try both...
I
impything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:16 PM   #107
Bren423
Bren423 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505 & iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell View Post
You'll need to use the Connect software. While the Reader is connected, you just select the Sony Reader on the left hand side tree, and the book you want to delete on the RHS tree. Then hit the delete key and you should be done after maybe a confirmation dialog box.

If you put books on an SD card, you can manage the contents directly with an SD card reader also, but remember that the indexing is slow on the Reader, but almost instant with the desktop software.

I created a collection "Included Books" in my library before doing any deleting, and copied the Reader default contents into that collection first.
How does one do it on a Mac? Should I just click on the file and trash it?

I finally decided to get the Sony 505 last Monday and so far, I’m very happy with it. It is a bit of a risk as I live in Hong Kong and it is therefore a parallel import. It is being sold here at HK$3880.00, with the reseller taking responsibility for shipping the device to the USA for the warranty. This is my first try at an ebook reader device and neither am I a geek at these things. I’m a Mac user and it was very easy to transfer all my ebooks to the 505. I have loads of PFD’s but I converted them all into rtf format using the Adobe Acrobat Professional so it is not a problem. I found the manual frustrating because it is just geared for a Windows user and not a Mac one. Somehow, the transferring of files seem to take a lot of steps if you are a Windows user than if you are a Mac.

BTW, thank you to HarryT for answering my original question regarding the transfer of files using the USB cable.
Bren423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:21 AM   #108
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren423 View Post
How does one do it on a Mac? Should I just click on the file and trash it?
If you mean deleting files, yeah, that should do what you want.

Keep in mind that the questions and answers in this thread are all from the 500 model (and over a year old at the moment), and don't necessarily apply to the 500. You can find more current information in some of the newer threads in the Sony Reader forum.

The reason the manual is geared to windows users is that Sony hasn't quite gotten around to noticing that non-PC folks exist.

On the bright side, as you've discovered, the 505's functioning as a USB Drive means that MacUsers et. al. don't have the hassles that 500 users did, so I guess that's a step in the right direction.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote