Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-07-2009, 08:00 PM   #1
dork
dork began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader 505
Can I buy books for my Nook and lend them to my eReader?

If my spouse gets a Nook, will there be some way to lend that to me on my Sony Reader? Would there be a need to break the DRM somehow and convert it to .lit? Or just read it as ePub somehow?
dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:11 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, dork.

Someone will step in soon and answer you question, hopefully.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2009, 08:47 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
The nook User Guide says this (page 100):

Quote:
• You can only lend from a registered nook to users of other registered nooks (or other registered B&N eReader devices). You can send a lending offer to any email address, but to accept the offer, the other person must have an email address associated with a B&N account and a nook or other B&N eReader that supports lending.
Since the Sony can't read the eReader format I don't think he can lend to you. I would think he could loan it to you to read on the B&N desktop reader but that's not what you want.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:01 AM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
If the Nook is added to your AdobeID, it will be able to read your Adobe PDF/ePub ebooks. With the standard Adobe DRM a family can have separate ebook buying accounts and can still share ebooks so long as they have the same AdobeID (which has a 6 device limit, at least one of which must be a Windows PC/Mac).

This isn't the case with B&N ebooks. Here your family can be anyone you are willing to share your credit card info with, since this is the password that unlocks the ebook. However, the reading device has to be B&N eReader compatible or a Nook. The "lending"option is really for outside your immediate family, i.e. when you don't want to share credit card info. It is again limited to B&N compatible apps and devices.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote