Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-04-2014, 02:36 PM   #1
rlugojr
rlugojr began at the beginning.

Device: none
Emblem overlay in Covergrid?

Hi everyone,

I've setup an emblem and noticed that it appears on the side of the book cover as opposed to in a corner of the book cover, as the original, built-in emblem has in the past. I'm probably missing a configuration option and was hoping for some guidance. With the emblem next to the cover, there is a lot of wasted space for books that don't have emblems so I prefer the overlay.

Thanks in advance!
rlugojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:50 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Emblems will always appear on the side. If you want the old behavior, turn off emblems, and you will get the two old emblems, on device and marked books appearing on the covers are before.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2014, 07:12 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@rlugojr - you can adjust the position of the emblems and their size in Preferences->Look and Feel->Cover grid->Main, I set mine to bottom, and 16px.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:42 PM   #4
rlugojr

Thanks BetterRed. I'll give that a try.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:45 PM   #5
rlugojr

Hi Kovid,

No worries. The feature is worth it. I'm sure given time I won't notice the extra space so much, especially as I add more emblems.

BTW, Calibre is awesome! I've been using it extensively and will donate again. Thank you and the other developers on the project for creating such a wonderful product.
Advert
Old 08-05-2014, 12:02 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Note that currently there is a bug in the emblems caching code which means that if more than one emblem is added to the same book, the first emblem gets repeated.This is fixed in the next release.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1352005
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 04:06 AM   #7
Snorkledorf
Blue. Not sad...just blue
Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ridibooks Paper Pro
I like it — this should be very useful! Below the cover & 16 pixels wide works for me.

Looking forward to the fix!
Snorkledorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 03:48 AM   #8
Snorkledorf
Blue. Not sad...just blue
Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ridibooks Paper Pro
...aaand, fixed! Looking great! Now all I have to do is optimize the emblem icons for the teeny size that I like.

Nice feature, thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	badges.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	126559  
Snorkledorf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
emblem