Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 08-24-2013, 11:10 PM   #1
icedtea
elibrary love
icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, RIP Mini
Question Newbie HD questions

New HD owner here.
  • Someone mentioned a screenshot function, pushing the 'n' home button and down volume at the same time. I haven't been able to do this, how long of a press?
  • Are these devices prone to the screen freezing sometimes? It's happened twice (only after the latest 2.1.1 BN software update, I think).

I love the screen on this, it's way better dpi than my laptop.
icedtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:31 AM   #2
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I have not experienced any screen freezing except from when an app has been misbehaving and that has been app isues, not device issues.

That screenshot thing... I have had some problems with that! Sometimes it works a treat, and sometimes it just doesn't want to happen! The volume has to be all the way down for me. And then "n" and "volume down" has to be pressed at the same time. A second or so and you'll see the image sort of flying away. When it's not working I see it right away because the volume slider appears on screen. It's probably because I get my timing very slightly wrong because my cover makes the volume button i little awkward to press.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2013, 02:36 AM   #3
icedtea
elibrary love
icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, RIP Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
I have not experienced any screen freezing except from when an app has been misbehaving and that has been app isues, not device issues.
Hmm, I think one time it froze in Chrome, and the other was just after exiting youtube. So I guess app-related?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
That screenshot thing... The volume has to be all the way down for me. And then "n" and "volume down" has to be pressed at the same time. A second or so and you'll see the image sort of flying away. When it's not working I see it right away because the volume slider appears on screen.
Thanks. I didn't think anything was happening. No image flying away. I check the files in 'my library' and the last few are showing as zip files (I have not downloaded any zip files recently). I select that, and in the contents I see 'screenshot.png' so it was working, strange.
icedtea is offline   Reply With Quote