Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #1
BelgarionNL
BelgarionNL began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650
How to remove double/duplicate books in library?

THIS IS A STAND-ALONE QUESTION NO LONGER REGARDING THE PLUGIN "FINDING DUPLICATES" (I want to know if something like this is possible with the default calibre!)

right now I have "find duplicates" installed but why is it not called find & delete duplicates...

anyway right now I have around a 1000 books that are a duplicate after I moved books from library 1 to library 2!

after finding duplicates its:

Book A
Book A
Book B
Book B
Book C
Book C etc!

how can I delete one: A, B, C, etc??? without having to do the 1000 books manually!

with or without " find duplicates!"

UPDATE:

ok now I deleted all the books that were double in library 2 then added the books from library 1 to 2 again!

but damn is there no easier way?

Last edited by BelgarionNL; 09-10-2012 at 07:39 AM.
BelgarionNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
There are options under preferences->adding books for handling duplictaes.
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
There may be "duplicates" with the same author and title, but they may be very different. One of them may be much better looking than the other. There is no way for a plugin to figure out which is the best. You have to check manually and decide.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote